"Hadramawt Valley" Muhafazat Hadramawt by Nansen
Muhafazat Hadramawt Travel Guide: 120 reviews and 348 photos
Wadi Hadramawt is the longest and widest valley in the Arabic Peninsula.
It goes alond 165 km. from east to west. In some places it is more than 12km wide, although in another it is only 700 m. In fact, Wadi Hadramawt coubld be sized longer, because in Tarim its name changed, called there wadi Masilah. So, actually, it is 500 km long.
Wadi Hadramawt is a misterious and exotic place, where old traditions in Yemen are still alive.
The history of Hadramawt from 700 000 years ago, when was inhabited by the first humans, untill now, has been rich and convulsed.
If you travel to Yemen, you should not miss it.
- Pros:Most traditional and exotic region in Yemen
- Cons:Historic places and monuments aren´t in good condition
- In a nutshell:Travel there untill technology arrives
Although it rains rarely in Hadramawt, this valley often have a wide stream of running water along the valley. So, all... more travel advice
Following wadi dawan in the way to Mukalla, is a great experience. There you can visit some other towns and villages... more travel advice
Nansen's Related Pages
Muhafazat Hadramawt Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Muhafazat Hadramawt
- Hotels in Muhafazat Hadramawt
- Transportation in Muhafazat Hadramawt
- Nightlife in Muhafazat Hadramawt
- Restaurants in Muhafazat Hadramawt
- Shopping in Muhafazat Hadramawt
- Warnings and Dangers in Muhafazat Hadramawt
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muhafazat Hadramawt
- 16 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Muhafazat Hadramawt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muhafazat Hadramawt
Photos in Muhafazat HadramawtSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 36 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Muhafazat Hadramawt Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manakhah Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Ma'rib Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Muhafazat Shabwah Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Muhafazat al Hudaydah Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Al Mukalla Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Rada` Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawkaban Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Jiblah Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.