"Land of Queen Arwa" Jiblah by Nansen
Jiblah Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 23 photos
Ibb province is probably the most represenative region of the legendary Arabia Felix: It is placed in the mountainious region northeast of Taizz,and raining is not rare , because of the wet winds that come from the ocean. Thanks to this, it´s well-known as the Green Province, with terrace-crops all over the mountains. Atlhough I will focus on Jiblah city, there are some other several wonderful landscapes in the province, like Sumara Pass , 2800m high and other cities like Yarim and Ibb, the main city of the province.
Although Jiblah had been a more important city, Ibb became the main city of the province recently, as the north-south route moved near to the city. The history of Jiblah started in Manakha in the Haraz mountains .Ali bin Mohammed as-Sulayhi, who was part of the muslim ismail branch, founded his own dinasty, and after winning some wars against his enemies, the Najahida and Zaidi families, moved to Sanaa, to rule from there nearly all Yemen.
After his death, in 1080 aproximately, his son wasn´t able to defeat the old enemies, so the government passed to his wife, Arwa, who moved to Jiblah and established her court. Arwa was a wise and powerful woman, who builded important constrcutions for Jiblah people and developed the city. It is the reason why she was known as the second queen of Saba, in remeber of the fabulous woman who ruled Marib and was Salomon´s lover.
- Pros:Arwa Queen history, Green and mountanious Landscape
- Cons:Be careful driving , roads are narrow
- In a nutshell:Different landscape in Yemen
In the top of a rocky hill, you can find Arwa´s mosque, builded by this famous queen. The mosque has a wonderful mirhab,... more travel advice
Nansen's Related Pages
Jiblah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Land of Queen Arwa"
- "Pictures of Jiblah"
- "Simply beautiful"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Jiblah
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Jiblah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jiblah
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 36 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Muhafazat Hadramawt Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manakhah Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Ma'rib Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Muhafazat Shabwah Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Muhafazat al Hudaydah Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Al Mukalla Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Rada` Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawkaban Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Shaharah Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.