"Shaharah´s pit" Shaharah by Nansen
Shaharah Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 16 photos
Shahara village is one of the most interesting places to visit in the country. This town, lost in the rough mountains of Hajja region, one of the most inaccesibles places in Yemen, is in Jabel Shahara, 2600 meters high .
Shaharah is a symbol in Yemen, its famous bridge over the pit, the village builded on the peak , are unique landscape in the country. There, is the essence of Yemen.
Reaching Shahara is an experience: from Huth, there is a long ground path. It ´s 45 km long but you may spend at least 5 hours.
Near the mountains where Shahara is placed, you have to live your car. There´s only allowed to travel there by villagers´ old japanese cars. An experience!!!! The path goes up terribly, and usually there isn´t space enough for two cars.
Finally, appears Shahara like a drem, on the top of the peak.
- Pros:Shaharah ´s pit, pintorescque village, impressive landscape
- Cons:Long journey to reach the town
- In a nutshell:If you visit Yemen, you MUST visit Shaharah
Shaharah is still a middle age village. All the houses are still builded in hihglands style: high towers made of stone.... more travel advice
Nansen's Related Pages
Shaharah Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Shaharah
- Hotels in Shaharah
- Transportation in Shaharah
- Warnings and Dangers in Shaharah
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shaharah
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Shaharah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shaharah
Photos in ShaharahSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 36 reviews, 58 photos, 3 travelogues
- Muhafazat Hadramawt Intro, 11 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manakhah Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Ma'rib Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Muhafazat Shabwah Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Muhafazat al Hudaydah Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Al Mukalla Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Rada` Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kawkaban Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Shaharah Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.