"Around Artvin" Artvin Ili by terrycowan
Artvin Ili Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 219 photos
The Artkin province is one of the most picturesque in Turkey. There are 2 main areas of interest here: the Georgian church ruins, and hiking in the Kackar Mountains. Each are worthwhile.
While not particularly attractive in itself, Yusufeli makes for a central base to touring in the area. Yusufeli is both abuzz with tourists and at the same time one of the most conservative towns in Turkey.
The region is extemely mountainous, so considerably more time must be allowed for travel than in many areas of Turkey.
Nice waterfall at the upper end of Tortum Lake, with good swimming below. more travel advice
Barhal makes a good base for hiking in the Kackar Mountains. Groups of huts cling to the mountainsides between Barhal... more travel advice
terrycowan's Related Pages
Artvin Ili Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Around Artvin"
- "Sound of Nature"
- "ayder in kackar montain"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Artvin Ili
- Hotels in Artvin Ili
- Transportation in Artvin Ili
- Nightlife in Artvin Ili
- Restaurants in Artvin Ili
- Shopping in Artvin Ili
- Warnings and Dangers in Artvin Ili
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Artvin Ili
- 9 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Artvin Ili?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Artvin Ili
Top 10 Pages
- Mardin Ili Intro, 18 reviews, 31 photos
- T'bilisi Intro, 25 reviews, 19 photos
- Mestia Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos
- Trabzon Intro, 12 reviews, 22 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 17 reviews, 12 photos
- Artvin Ili Intro, 9 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Veliko Turnovo Intro, 15 reviews, 11 photos
- Van Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Kars Ili Intro, 7 reviews, 11 photos
- Sofia Intro, 9 reviews, 7 photos
No friends yet.