"Kanawha Falls, on the Gauley River, West Virginia" Kanawha Falls by butterflykizzez04
Kanawha Falls Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 3 photos
About 35 miles southeast of Charleston via US-60 and WV-16, across the river from Gauley Bridge is Kanawha Falls. Two miles west of Gauley Bridge is a bridge crossing the Kanwha River. After you cross it turn left and follow Kanawha Road to the Kanawha Falls Park, specially constructed for folks to enjoy the waterfalls and the Great Kanawha River.
The Kanawha River is West Virginia’s largest inland waterway. Most history books refer to it as the "Great Kanawha". The Great Kanawha flows for 43 miles in Kanawha county. The Kanawha flows in an approximate southeast to northwest director. The Kanawha enters the Ohio river at Point Pleasant in Mason county, 99.5 miles west of the confluence of the New River. Mountain river drainage from North Carolina fills the New River, to the Gauley River than to the mouth of the Kanawha at Kanawha Falls. The Kanawha River was very important to the early settlement and commerce of Kanawha County
Gauley bridge park has a nice parking lot. There is a little picnic area, and they used to allow swimming but not anymore.
sometimes, there are ducks there to feed.
- In a nutshell:A nice day trip from Charleston
butterflykizzez04's Related Pages
Kanawha Falls Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kanawha Falls, on the Gauley River, West Virginia"
- Create a Kanawha Falls Travel Page
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanawha Falls
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (63)
Have you been to Kanawha Falls?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanawha Falls
Photos in Kanawha FallsSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Nashville Intro, 203 reviews, 841 photos
- Chattanooga Intro, 47 reviews, 218 photos
- New York City Intro, 115 reviews, 141 photos, 3 travelogues
- Memphis Intro, 46 reviews, 181 photos
- Fort Payne Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Beach Intro, 56 reviews, 69 photos
- Birmingham Intro, 24 reviews, 99 photos
- Bowling Green Intro, 19 reviews, 92 photos
- Murfreesboro Intro, 25 reviews, 83 photos
- Montgomery Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos