"Valley Forge was very beautiful. A must for all!!!" Valley Forge by butterflykizzez04
Valley Forge Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 43 photos
week of the army's arrival at Valley Forge, General Washington recognized that he would need a place to organize and orchestrate the plans for the entire army that, in addition to the troops at Valley Forge, were spread throughout the colonies to the north and south of the encampment. Although the majority of the troops residing at Valley Forge through the winter of 1777 and spring of 1778 lived in huts, many of the General Officers shared or rented local farm houses. This practice was customarily done to accomodate the needs of a general's staff and aides.
General Washington rented this house, owned by Isaac Potts, from its occupant, Mrs. Deborah Hewes. Here the General and his staff received local officials and foreign dignitaries, in addition to coordinating the daily operations of the of the entire continental army.
- Pros:A beautiful park full of history.
- In a nutshell:A must for anyone who loves history
This is a lovely arch. Very detailed and beautiful. I have more pictures and info on the arch memorial. more travel advice
Most of the huts were made like log houses but out of any type of wood they could find. They were grouped together by... more travel advice
butterflykizzez04's Related Pages
Valley Forge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Valley Forge was very beautiful. A must for all!!!"
- "VALLEY FORGE"
- "Valley Forge Pennsylvania"
- "ruthmomma's new Valley Forge Page"
- "Valley Forge"
- "Valley Forge, PA"
- "Valley Forge in winter"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valley Forge
- Hotels in Valley Forge
- Transportation in Valley Forge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valley Forge
- 11 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Valley Forge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valley Forge
- Wrote a Review Arch Memorial at Valley Forge. in Valley Forge Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Arch Memorial at Valley Forge."
- updated a Valley Forge Travel Page "Valley Forge was very beautiful. A must for all!!!"
Photos in Valley ForgeSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Nashville Intro, 127 reviews, 507 photos
- New York City Intro, 115 reviews, 141 photos, 3 travelogues
- Chattanooga Intro, 33 reviews, 146 photos
- Memphis Intro, 37 reviews, 140 photos
- Fort Payne Intro, 28 reviews, 120 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Virginia Beach Intro, 56 reviews, 69 photos
- Murfreesboro Intro, 20 reviews, 66 photos
- Montgomery Intro, 16 reviews, 68 photos
- Frankfort Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Spencer Intro, 13 reviews, 66 photos