"Photoless New Orleans" New Orleans by xstacey
New Orleans Travel Guide: 4,178 reviews and 7,220 photos
Unfortunately, I have no photos from my trip to NO. No camera, but i suppose that's no excuse.
Great trip over a long weekend in May. Weather was hot but we lucked out with low humidity.
Bourbon Street was cool to see but my favorite places were on and off of Decatur Street. Bourbon Street was full of sights and smells (both pleasant and unpleasant, more of the latter however).
My favorite line from the bartenders: "Is that for here or to go?" It's great to be able to stroll around with your cocktail while taking in the sights and sounds.
Be sure to stay in new orleans near canal street and take the Street Car through the Garden District. We had a good trolley driver and he annouced the stops and varous restaurants and shops you could hit at that stop.
Lafayette Cemetary was deamed safe enough to explore without a guide. Other cemetaries suggest to have a guide due to muggers.
- Pros:Walking in and out of Bars and along the streets with your drinks
- Cons:Horses/Donkeys were very ordoriforous in the hot sun
- In a nutshell:Great drinking town to visit over a long weekend.
I didn't experience it, but can understand and appreciate the warnings about muggers in cemeteries. We went to the... more travel advice
When you fly in and out of NO your best bet for transportation to the Quarter is the 30+ cab ride. There is no... more travel advice
xstacey's Related Pages
New Orleans Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Two Visits - 54 Years Apart"
- "new orleans louisiana"
- "The Naughty Madame"
- "New Orleans-An Intriguing Visit to the Past"
- "Crescent City Comes Calling"
- "THE BIG EASY"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New Orleans
- Hotels in New Orleans
- Transportation in New Orleans
- Nightlife in New Orleans
- Restaurants in New Orleans
- Shopping in New Orleans
- Warnings and Dangers in New Orleans
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in New Orleans
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to New Orleans?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Orleans
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 55 reviews, 10 photos
- Paris Intro, 24 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Amalfi Intro, 5 reviews, 18 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- New York City Intro, 6 reviews, 5 photos
- Naples Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Bilbao Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Greater London Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- New Orleans Intro, 4 reviews
Latest New Orleans hotel reviews
- The Canal Street Hotel New Orleans French Quarter
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
- The Chimes Bed and Breakfast
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Sully Mansion
- 445 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Warwick Hotel
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 2, 2007
- Maison Perrier
- 240 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- W New Orleans
- 1027 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Block-Keller House
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Ashton's Bed and Breakfast
- 478 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 21, 2013
- 1891 Castle Inn Of New Orleans
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Alexa Hotel
- 65 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 4, 2005
- 1896 O'malley House
- 634 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Hotel Ste. Helene
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Best Western Avalon Hotel & Conference Center
- 76 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- Clarion Collection Garden District Hotel New Orleans
- 58 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 5, 2013
- Holiday Inn Express French Quarter Downtown
- 3 Reviews & Opinions