"Nepal" Nepal by Robmj
Nepal Travel Guide: 4,261 reviews and 12,029 photos
Nepal has been a destination for many a traveller since it opened its borders in the 1950's.
Many come to see the Himalayan mountain ranges and trek through numerous areas all with stunning scenery and friendly locals. Everest and Everest base camp are drawcards as is the Annapurna Circuit, one of the World's greatest walks.
Temples, Monasteries, Yaks, Tigers, the tough sherpa people and a number of adventure activities make this a real tourism magnet.
A friend and myself visited briefly for a few weeks, primarily to complete part of the Annapurna walking circuit. We arrived in Kathmandu but quickly left to the start of the trail and around 12 days later were in Pokhara for a few days relaxation before heading back to the urban swamp that is Kathmandu.
Nepal is incredibly cheap to visit, its economy is recovering from 10 years of the people's war and under-development in infrastructure. April, is the spring and offered us warmer temperatures and clear skies, although we did strike heavy snow and ice up on the day before crossing the Thorung La Pass on the Annapurna circuit. Also, pre-monsoon, the clear views of the Himalayan ranges from Pokhara were limited to a few minutes at 5.30am! I believe after the Monsoon is the best time to get the crystal clear views in this part.
Having experienced Nepal briefly, I would certainly like to go back to different areas for the superb trekking. Around Jomsom looked interesting, its the start point to the Mustang region which looks like a future trip.
I'd also like to get down the the Chitwan National Park, a few Tigers and Rhino plus maybe down south over the Indian border.
Sarangkot is an amazing hill lookout point only a few kms from Pokhara. From the lookout, you get stunning views over... more travel advice
Dubar means Palace and this is where the city King's ruled from. Durbar Square is actually three temple filled squares... more travel advice
Robmj's Related Pages
Nepal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Love Affair with Nepal"
- "The Himalayan Kingdom"
- "Namaste, Naya Nepal!"
- "..dramatic nepal.."
- "Nepal, A country I have to visit again : and I did"
- "Nepal, Culture & Trekking"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nepal
- Hotels in Nepal
- Transportation in Nepal
- Nightlife in Nepal
- Restaurants in Nepal
- Shopping in Nepal
- Warnings and Dangers in Nepal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nepal
- 20 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Nepal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nepal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Annapurna Himal Intro, 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wanaka Intro, 24 reviews, 20 photos
- State of Rajasthan Intro, 10 reviews, 30 photos
- Italy Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tanzania Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dunedin Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Egypt Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos
- Morocco Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Catlins Lake Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
No friends yet.