"Bangkok - a frenetic city!" Bangkok by Robmj
Bangkok Travel Guide: 10,402 reviews and 23,175 photos
Bangkok is a fairly wild and chaotic city, but full of interest and excitement, in fact I would imagine that no matter what your tastes and preferences, you will find something of interest. You may have to look very hard for peace and tranquility however.
The city is a mix of western culture but fortunately clings onto its Thai traditions which is evident in its many religious monuments and its value system of Buddhism and its monarchy.
Temperature wise, the city can be stiffling with high humidity and it is also fairly polluted. The traffic chaos also has to be experienced. Sitting in your Tuk Tuk in rush hour will test your patience and your ability to suck in any clean air. However, the sights and smells should leave you exhilarated.
There is so much to do in this city. Its renowned for its bars, clubs, foods, shops and markets and of course has a great selection of temples, palaces and other fascinating sights to entertain you.
Some of the highlights for me included:
- yes, the bars around the Khao San Road area
- the stunning Grand Palace
- the impressive Wat Arun
- street food
- electronics shopping at the huge MBK mall
If you get sick of the big city, there are numerous day trips you can take to get a different perspective on Thai life, the temple ruins at Ayuthaya being one example just one and a half hours from the CBD.
However, above all when in this city, just get out and experience it, you're sure to have some fun along the way.
- Pros:Loads to see and do
- In a nutshell:One of everything for everyone
Wat Pho has existed since the 16th century, before the city itself interestingly enough. It is the country's biggest... more travel advice
Khao San road is a Bangkok institution. A backpapers paradise, a clubs and drinks magnet plus a load of street life,... more travel advice
Robmj's Related Pages
Bangkok Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangkok, Krung Thep - The best of"
- "tHe Bangkok in my mind.."
- "Heightened Senses X 2"
- "Bangkok - Which Means "Straw Hat!""
- "Links to Street Maps: Finding Your Way"
- "Fantastic Bangkok"
- "One of my favorite cities in Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangkok
- Hotels in Bangkok
- Transportation in Bangkok
- Nightlife in Bangkok
- Restaurants in Bangkok
- Shopping in Bangkok
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangkok
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangkok
- 6 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Bangkok?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangkok
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wanaka Intro, 24 reviews, 20 photos
- Italy Intro, 6 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Tanzania Intro, 3 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Dunedin Intro, 18 reviews, 16 photos
- Morocco Intro, 8 reviews, 23 photos, 2 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 16 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos
- Catlins Lake Intro, 12 reviews, 15 photos
- Greece Intro, 2 reviews, 23 photos, 3 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
No friends yet.