"Glad to meet you! I'm Edward." nicecharacter's Profile

I live in a middle-sized town called Perm with about 1 mln population. Perm is situated in Urals, West from Yekaterinburg, 2 hours flight from Moscow. On photo - partial view on the city from my window (16th floor)

I've finished Politechnical University as an electric engeneer. Although I've never worked as this specialist (it was quite common in Russia that time) I work right near the University.

My family

I love my wife Alfiya and my daughter Lidiya. FIrst time we've traveled all together - it was Turkey, Antalia. Then - Spain, Costa Daurada. Last year we've travelled to Egypt, Hurgada. It was a real event! Lidyia still asks when we are going to go there again, but... We are waiting for a second baby apparently, so, it will hold us here a while :^)
Once I told to my little Lidiya that it's better to go to a castle somewhere in Provance, France etc. Just to let her know )) Now she's really planning to go there ) She's prepared a "night" dress and even asked me to buy an old styled fan )

Since April we are four

My long awaited son Dmitry has been born. OK, lets wait for a while and we'll be able to go somewhere again, now in four!

My job

I work in financial sphere, namely in Asset Management Company situated in Perm. We manage people's money on Russian Stock market which so far has been goiong up 50% yearly in average. Now I'm also behaving as a strategy writer for some of my friends in Europe e-mailing them my thoughts on the market and what shares they should invest in. The work has high degree of nervousness and definitely takes bits of my health slowly. On the other hand I manage attending many conferences, meeting people and making friends. So, 18-22 October I'm going to go to NY for a conference "Russia and CIS Countries: new role in the changing world". The special guest there must be Alain Greenspan! A year before in Brussels I've attended an amazing lecture of Tom Copland, professor, who was the creator of Discounted Cash Flow method which is now used all over the world. He's been telling us about his relatively new approach called "Real options" - the same name book I still cannot read through )). You can see him on the picture.

• Intro Updated Oct 16, 2006

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
nicecharacter's Profile Photo

nicecharacter

“Treat people as you want to be treated”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.