"The beauty of it all....." Cape Breton Island by Northshorewind
Cape Breton Island Travel Guide: 169 reviews and 438 photos
.....Whether snorkeling the shoreline in summer or watching approaching storms over the Atlantic in winter, its a wonderous, thought prevoking place. I've lived coast to coast in Canada and travelled a little too so I know what I like. This place has enough breathtaking views to leave you blue in the face. From the highlands to the beaches, the autumn colours and the Celtic Colours Festival, you won't be disappointed if you venture our way
...Millie stumbled up our driveway one morning and, when her mother never returned we had to think about what to do with her. Hours old and in need of attention to a small cut on her chest we wrapped her up and put this little moose in the car to take to the vets. You can visit Millie now at the Two Rivers Wildlife reserve on the Mira River. There are always interesting visitors on the Cabot Trail!
This handsome fellow is enjoying an early morning on Mabou Beach. This spot is not easy to find but its worth looking for. Secluded, breathtaking and great swimming in summer, the Mabou area is a delight By the way, the handsome fellow is why I came to live on this island!
- Pros:The most beautiful place on the planet!
- Cons:Tourists who toss garbage and complain about fog or nothing to do, if this is you.....stay home!
- In a nutshell:If you love the outdoors and are happy breathing clean air and understanding that the earth we live on is a blessing for all to enjoy, you should be here, right now!
Northshorewind's Related Pages
Cape Breton Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""Ciad Mile Failte" Welcome to Cape Breton"
- "MooseSpotting in Cape Breton Highlands"
- "A small place with a huge heart"
- "Cape Breton in autumn"
- "CAPE BRETON ISLAND"
- "I'll take the high road"
- "My Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cape Breton Island
- Hotels in Cape Breton Island
- Transportation in Cape Breton Island
- Nightlife in Cape Breton Island
- Restaurants in Cape Breton Island
- Shopping in Cape Breton Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Cape Breton Island
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Cape Breton Island
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Cape Breton Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cape Breton Island
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (2)
No friends yet.