"How to get to Warner Robins, GA" Warner Robins by Tugboatguy
Warner Robins Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 11 photos
A shortcut to the town of Warner Robins is to take Interstate Freeway 75 south to the junction of Interstate 475 bypass north of Macon, turn right on 475 for 17 miles to bypass Macon, rejoining Interstate 75 southwest of Macon. Continue on 75 south to exit 45, highway 247C turnoff, go left (east) on 247C through the town of Warner Robins. The Warner-Robins Air Force Base is at the end of 247C and the Air Force Museum is at the south end of the base. You will see large outdoor museum aircraft through the fence as you approach the South Gate. Now, if we could just get our car around this airplane! lol
Because of the strong presence of the US Air Force, and their large Logistics Center this small Southern town has a surprising ethnic variety of restaurants, including Chinese, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mexican and Thai cuisine is plentiful as well as is Southern hickory smoked pit Bar-B-Que and American steak houses. Most of the fast food chains are here, also. You won't go hungry and prices are reasonable. Even the Warner-Robins Air Force Museum has a nice restaurant. Auto gas is about the cheapest in the nation in Georgia, because of the low State tax.
This is a 2000 Eurocopter AS 350 with Turbomeca ARRIEL 1 Series engine that can hold 6 people and belongs to the Los Angeles, California Police Department. So, what is it doing on the Warner Robins, Georgia page??? Maybe executing a writ of Habeas Corpus??? Who's corpus???Does anyone know why it landed on this page??? Maybe they're trying to give a parking ticket to the USAF F-5. lol
- Pros:An "Air Force" town, WR-AFB is a big local employer. Southern Bar-B-Que is a big deal here.
- Cons:Sleepy low key Southern town without much nightlife,
- In a nutshell:For Those with "Georgia (and airplanes) on my Mind"
Home of the Georgia Aviation Hall of Fame. Some 93 aircraft, missiles and drones displayed both indoors and out in... more travel advice
Tugboatguy's Related Pages
Warner Robins Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "How to get to Warner Robins, GA"
- "spartan's new Warner Robins page"
- "Warner robins,ga"
- "Warner Robins Museum of Aviation"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Warner Robins
- Hotels in Warner Robins
- Restaurants in Warner Robins
- Warnings and Dangers in Warner Robins
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Warner Robins
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Warner Robins?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Warner Robins
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Scariest Place you travelled?"
- Uploaded a Photo to "How to get to Warner Robins, GA"
- updated a Warner Robins Travel Page "How to get to Warner Robins, GA"
- Commented on one of rw-bigfoot's Warner Robins travel pages
- Wrote a Review Southern Hickory Smoked Pit Bar-B-Que in Warner Robins Restaurants
Photos in Warner RobinsSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Santa Paula Intro, 32 reviews, 148 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oshkosh Intro, 7 reviews, 93 photos, 8 travelogues
- Anchorage Intro, 10 reviews, 63 photos, 4 travelogues
- Minneapolis Intro, 5 reviews, 31 photos, 4 travelogues
- Dayton Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
- Bloomington Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Warner Robins Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Colorado Springs Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Fort Collins Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Albuquerque Intro, 1 review, 5 photos