Tugboatguy's profile photo

My Favorite Pages

Santa Paula

Travel Map

Tugboatguy Apr 3, 2015 at 3:59 PM

Thank you Pam, for thinking of me and that great airshow link. I've had some flight mission time in TBM Avengers cited there, a looong time ago. Great memories!

kiwi's Profile Photo
kiwi Apr 3, 2015 at 2:59 PM

As I write, this airshow is taking place here in NZ, just wish I was there. Check out the photo of the 8+1 Fokker triplanes all in formation!! facebook.com/classicfighters...

kahnjetta's Profile Photo
kahnjetta Feb 4, 2015 at 12:07 PM

Happy Birthday Doug!

pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
pieter_jan_v Feb 4, 2015 at 6:10 AM

Doug, Happy Birthday. PJ

keida84's Profile Photo
keida84 Oct 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Uh oh just found out the parade is Dec 13 and that is Paul's work party. No can do the parade :-( Got to smile and nod at a lot of college profs, administrators and the like.

Tugboatguy Oct 27, 2014 at 5:04 PM

Hi Kat, I agree and have sent a lengthy affirmative reply with directions to Larry re other restaurant possibilities nearby off the harbor, as the congestion, harbor restaurant waterside table advance reservation costs that night and the harbor high bridge closure complicates things. We offer off-street parking at our beach house and just short walk to the harbor one block after eating and would like to give possible restaurant ideas to you in person. Lil and I can contact you via your neighbor mutual friends? or vice-versa? The event is first or second Saturday night in December commencing 7 pm. Seeker won First in class in the 1999 parade "Memories of the Millenium" theme. We propose meeting about 5:15-:30 that late afternoon to eat.

• keida84's Profile Photo
    keida84 Oct 27, 2014 at 8:14 PM

Gosh Doug I hadn't thought about all of that. haha For 11 years I walked across the street and stood in the crowd, watch Santa fly by and then the parade and then walked backed home. Yes I agree eating early is best. I would like to offer a non harbor restaurant in Oxnard "Little Tonys" a throw back to the 1960's tacky decor but outstanding food (if you like Italian) but wait, the bridge closure I guess we could go through the back way but it is always a mess/ I am writing you a private message with contact info. Maybe eating a bit earlier and getting over the bridge before it is closed?

keida84's Profile Photo
keida84 Oct 27, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Hi Doug I was thinking about the Channel Islands Boat parade for a VT get together. What do you think? I have no idea what day it is on but I can find out. Larry would like to plan something to do, so let me know. Kat

travelgourmet's Profile Photo
travelgourmet Oct 26, 2014 at 6:03 PM

Hey big guy. Still thinkjng if our mini-meet. You have a lovely wife and we should meet again for old times sake. lol Regards, Larry. :-)

travelgourmet's Profile Photo
travelgourmet Sep 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Aloha Doug. Thanks for sharing a photo of the VT mini-meet we had. Although never meeting in person, it seemed like old times with you and fellow VTER Kat, a warm soul, along with our precious wives, Sue and Lille. A hui huo. Aloha. L

Tugboatguy Sep 24, 2014 at 10:58 AM

Kat, It is set as the lead page of 10. Try refreshing your screen and you are not going blind!