"A Mile of Highway Will Get You Just One Mile..." Tugboatguy's Profile

"Flight is Right!"

A mile of highway will get you just one mile...A mile of runway will get you anywhere! So, come fly with me, come fly, come fly away! What is more free than the power of flight? A magic flying carpet-a dream realized. The ability to literally get above it all, and away from worldly cares. Be awed by the perspective of altitude, and looking down on our world from afar. Flight is empowering. Flight is exhilarating. Flight is the realization of Man's dream to emulate the birds. Learn to fly-you will never regret it, and the accomplishment is almost overwhelming. You can do it, if you want it enough. I dreamed of it, I wanted it, I did it, and 47 years ago (11 July 1966) I passed my flight test check ride with the then Federal Aviation Agency, now called the Federal Aviation Administration. A lifelong pride awaits you with the accomplishment of personal flight! I'm standing outside the Wright Brothers Museum near Dayton, Ohio at Dayton-Wright Brothers Airport. A couple of earlier pilots are looking me over!

I have returned from a Minneapolis trip and edited my page. Have a look at beautiful Minnehaha Falls!.

I have new Bloomington tips and edited my Bloomington page.

Riding High in the Magic of the Sky!

Here I am in echelon formation flight with another identical Nanchang China CJ-6A Chinese trainer. A popular trainer with warbird pilots, there are about 200 registered CJ-6As in America. This aircraft has been in continuous production for 55+ years in China, since 1958. Formation flying requires special training for safety of flight. The lower, following airplane pilot never takes his or her eyes off the leader plane, coordinating changes in flight via radio transmissions from the flight leader with a countdown command when ANY change is to be undertaken, in climbing, in turns to a new heading or in descents. These aircraft have tandem seats with dual controls. The green airplane with the red star and bar in is the original Chinese livery. I am in its back seat attending to the photography.

Private General Aviation aircraft are probably the ultimate personal transportation, be they antique or classics or personal jets. Many GA aircraft can be rented from fixed base operators with qualified pilot to take you where you want to go, when you want to go & into far more world airports than are served by the scheduled airlines.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

{{ I have Added a THANKSGIVING Greeting!!, also edited for greater legibility & changed some pictures in my beach, neighborhood & aviation albums. There is an important timely addition to my Santa Paula Travel Page, Santa Paula Travelogues. In one Travelogue, I discuss my copyright of most of my aircraft pictures, & reference an aircraft picture, articles & forum website.}}

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~d(^_^)b\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

Thank you for looking at the Tugboatguy Home Page, my Albums, Travelogues & Travel Pages. I appreciate your visit. If anything has informed, enlightened, astounded, amused or confused you, please leave a comment so that I can thank you properly for your comments & ratings on my pages. I've now got a
MUSICAL tip: hint: it's a restaurant. See if you can find & hear it.

***See my recent Wunderground Weather Forecast Travelogue for trip-planning weather to be expected anywhere in the World!***

M/V 'SEEKER'

It is with sadness yet exhilaration that I must report that I sold my beloved Tugboat SEEKER with dinghy FINDER on 16 June 2011 to the first inquirer. I had the boat custom built in Taiwan in 1988, and selling it was almost like selling a child. But, life moves on and I am now (since 26 June 2011) married again to a wonderful woman. And so, life continues, life is great and life is rewarding! It is the end of one era after having boats in the harbor since 1967, but the beginning of a new era of re-wedded bliss. I had been a widower just too long.

Serenity on 'SEEKER' at Sea.

'SEEKER's CREDO'

'The World is a Book, Every Passage a Page. But the Seeking is more Rewarding than the Finding, And the Voyage Dearer than the Port'

Golden Rules for Living

1. If you open it, close it.
2. If you turn it on, turn it off.
3. If you unlock it, lock it up.
4. If you break it, admit it.
5. If you can't fix it, call in someone who can.
6. If you borrow it, return it.
7, If you value it, take care of it.
8. If you make a mess, clean it up.
9. If you move it, put it back.
10. If it belongs to someone else, get permission to use it.
11. If you don't know how to operate it, leave it alone.
12. If it's none of your business, don't ask questions.
13. If you want it, go for it legally.
14. If you love it, show that you do.
15. If it loves you in return, cherish it and keep it.

LATEST WEATHER REPORT, What's Your Weather Like?
~\~So that you Know, before you Go- For your current weather and 5-day forecast ANYWHERE in the world, open Wunderground and enter your place. (This also first brings up the weather in my place, lol) Set your preferences, including language, time zone, units and more. Wunderground's page also has a direct link back to VT. Virtual Tourist is a sponsor of Wunderground! Can you find it? Enjoy!~/~

~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~/~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~\~

• Intro Updated Aug 30, 2013

• sandranunes's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2014 at 7:02 AM

Happy belated birthday from warm and sunny Brazil, Doug! I hope you´ve had a great one!

• Parisforless's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2014 at 1:02 PM

Happy Birthday and many more to come!!!

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Thank you Svetlana, we just got back in town from celebrating.

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2014 at 10:44 PM

Wishing you a very Happy Birthday andhope you had a fun day celebrating with family and friends. Greetings from Spain. OLE!

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:03 PM

Thank you Lori, we just got back from an out-of-town celebration.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2014 at 12:40 PM

Belated Birthday Greetings!

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:05 PM

Thanks Rick for your kind wish. We just got back in town from celebrating.

• Myfanwe's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2014 at 7:35 AM

Happy Birthday, hope you had a great day :-)

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Thank you Myfanwe for your kind wishes, we just returned from celebrating it.

• jayjayc's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2014 at 10:26 PM

Happy happy Bday! Cheers!

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:12 PM

Thank you, we had a fun time celebrating with family out of town.

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2014 at 9:02 PM

Greeting from Malaysia, happy birthday and best wishes to you.

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2014 at 4:12 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:24 PM

Thank you Maynard for your kind wish, Yes, we just got back from celebrating it. I lived in Illinois for 5 years, among other US states.

• keida84's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Hey Happy Birthday Doug! Erik, Larry & I are going to get together one of these days at the Brazilian restaurant in CI Harbor. We'd love you to join us! Kat

• keida84's Profile Photo
      Feb 4, 2014 at 3:59 PM

Hey Doug Congratulations on your culinary success. My dad when he was alive was a Commander in the Van Nuys chapter of the US Power Squadron. I am going to look at a couple of dates and see what is good for everyone. Kat PS: I am still your neighbor only 2 miles away

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Thanks Kat-, most any time except all First Sundays works for us. We just returned from the B'day celebration. Tomorrow is our Squadron's Change of Watch celebration at VYC. VYC's present Commander was our former Commander.

• Usctwin's Profile Photo
    Feb 4, 2014 at 3:19 PM

Hope you have a wonderful birthday, Doug!

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:43 PM

Thank you Kimberly for your kind wish. When I was a little kid i hoped to see the year 2000; now I am waaay past that and still ticking. Life is good!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Tugboatguy's Profile Photo

Tugboatguy

“"1 if by Land, 2 if by Sea, But 3 if by Air!"...d(^_^)b”

Real Name