"Sun and Wine for all" Top 5 Page for this destination Blenheim by fishandchips

Blenheim Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 71 photos

Long summer's days

Blenheim is a small town in Marborough with great weather and central to some of New Zealand's best wine. Blenheim often has the most sunshine hours in NZ and is consistently warm throughout Summer. The town itself has a compact CBD with 4 or so streets of shops and a reasonably sized residential area.

Wines of Marlborough

I have added a number of my favourite wineries to visit in my things ot do tips area so have a look there for the detail. My biggest disappointment is that Astrolabe don't have a wineshop - their Sauvignon is the BEST with other wineries commenting also on their Chardonnay (which I will be testing soon). A visit to Blenheim is not complete without the wine tour - better still is to sit at somewhere like Alan Scott Wines and sample their product over lunch..........

• Pros:Sun, wine and food
  • Cons:Few
  • In a nutshell:Sunshine capital of New Zealand?
  • Last visit to Blenheim: Nov 2009
  • Intro Updated Nov 29, 2009

• kiwilingous's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2011 at 12:05 PM

I'm back up here next week so will assess your recommended wineries!! lol

• Longnosedbandicoot's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2009 at 2:47 PM

thanks for the comprehensive wine information. I will use this as a guide when I visit the area in a couple of weeks.

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2007 at 1:37 PM

Bring me back memories about a tasteful and splendid Sauvignon Blanc when I have discovered this NZ vineyards. I would like to send some to my Switzerland but stamps were more expensive than the bottle... Should go back for a new wine tasting ;-)

• swissballs's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2005 at 12:22 PM

Fantastic wine info!!

fishandchips

“Excess in moderation”

Badges & Stats in Blenheim

Have you been to Blenheim?

Latest Activity in Blenheim