Serengeti National Park Packing List Tips by fishandchips Top 5 Page for this destination
Serengeti National Park What to Pack: 5 reviews and 3 photos
Ready for anything
Luggage and bags: To carry your gear you'll need a main pack of approx 70L and a day bag big enough for food and water during game drives. My day bag is only 22L and it was easy big enough for both the Serengeti and Kilimanjaro.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: Remember that it's very dusty here so what ever you wear on your feet, if the dust can get in it will! Sports shoes (tennis shoes, runners etc) will let the dust in but will be comfortable. I'd recommend that you bring sports sandals if you have them or Jandals (thongs, flip flops) which are also really good for shower & toilet time. A wet and wind proof jacket is handy though during the day in the warmer months it get quite hot! Quick dry tee shirts and shorts will be worn mostly so bring those but remember that if you are using Malaria tabs that make you sun sensitive to cover up with a wide brimmed hat.
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Always bring extra toilet paper! This is vital to your comfort. Medical supplies will often be part of your tour guides kit if you are doing a tour - if not then you can buy an essential kit before you leave home (bandages, insect repellant 40% deet, sunscreen, anti bacterial cream, runny bottom pills etc)
Photo Equipment: If you are like me then your main concern here is battery life of your digital camera and storage media. I had a small digital camera that used AA batteries so I never had an issue. Others brought very fancy cameras that needed recharging - our truck had a charge board so all good - will pay to check this before you decide!
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: You'll need to carry a sleeping bag plus tent and ground mat unless these are provided.
Miscellaneous: A head torch is very useful as there is normally no lighting at night - unless you have a full moon lol. Also think of things such as a deck of cards and travel diary. Also good to bring is a towel, clothes washing soap and clothes line (aka spare shoe laces)
More Reviews (16)
fishandchips' Related Pages
Serengeti National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Serengeti"
- "Serengeti: I thought it only existed on TV"
- "The Serengeti - Endless Plains"
- "A childhood dream"
- "Serengeti - wide land"
- "From Arusha to the Serengeti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serengeti National Park
- Hotels in Serengeti National Park
- Transportation in Serengeti National Park
- Nightlife in Serengeti National Park
- Restaurants in Serengeti National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Serengeti National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Serengeti National Park
- 17 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Serengeti National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serengeti National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Intro, 107 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 81 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 55 reviews, 81 photos
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Paris Intro, 40 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 44 reviews, 46 photos
- Auckland Intro, 27 reviews, 45 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos