Serengeti National Park Favorite Tips by fishandchips Top 5 Page for this destination
Serengeti National Park Favorites: 10 reviews and 10 photos
Just like the Chemical Brother's song!
Favorite thing: No matter what you see on your trip, one of the most memorable and best things are the sunsets. As the sun goes down on the Serengeti the animals are out eating grass and each other. At this time it's really magic with the heat of the day gone, the animals out and the setting sun creating many a great photo.
Favorite thing: The Baobab tree looks like it is upside down with its roots showing instead of branches! It's an interesting part of the Serengeti with some stunning specimins to be seen. These trees flower at night once a year (under a full moon?) when they are polinated by moths and bats - bizarre but true. As the area is very dry the trees store water in their trunks to help them survive the long dry periods.
Incy wincy spider...
Favorite thing: No matter where you go there will be a bug of some sort to either scare or fascinate. In our case it was rather large spiders in the shower rooms that got the girls fairly excited though no one had any issues. Nothing poisonous apparently but who is going to risk it!
The aussies on the trip gave us the 'that's not a spider mate' line given the Huntsman spider is very big and hairy. None of them however were keen to approach the spiders in the shower 'just in case mate'. The one in the photo was the size of the palm of my hand so big enough for me to exclaim 'gosh' and other 4 letter words to that effect.
Favorite thing: These are an interesting sight with large sausage looking bits hanging off the tree - like some sort of April fools joke never gotten rid of. These trees are the favourite haunt of Leopards so if you see a sausage tree then you may also spot a sleeping cat in its branches.
Why did the Elephant cross the road?
Favorite thing: Being the biggest land animal these dudes can cause serious damage to you and your vehicle. Best to stay well back and let these beasts walk where they want - especially given that the big fella in charge will likely do just that if you invade their personal space!
More Reviews (12)
fishandchips' Related Pages
Serengeti National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Serengeti"
- "Serengeti: I thought it only existed on TV"
- "The Serengeti - Endless Plains"
- "A childhood dream"
- "Serengeti - wide land"
- "From Arusha to the Serengeti"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Serengeti National Park
- Hotels in Serengeti National Park
- Transportation in Serengeti National Park
- Nightlife in Serengeti National Park
- Restaurants in Serengeti National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Serengeti National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Serengeti National Park
- 17 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Serengeti National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Serengeti National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Intro, 107 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 81 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 55 reviews, 81 photos
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Paris Intro, 40 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 44 reviews, 46 photos
- Auckland Intro, 27 reviews, 45 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos