Christchurch Warnings Or Dangers Tips by fishandchips Top 5 Page for this destination
Christchurch Warnings and Dangers: 32 reviews and 17 photos
Christchurch has a growing number of youths racing around Christchurch in their fast cars. These so called 'boy racers' (they call themselves 'car enthusiasts') are a real menace and obviously don't tend to be able to stop very quickly given the speeds they travel at. There are regular meeting places that you should avoid at night including around Hagley Park though these are regularly cleaned up by the Police. Be warned that often their is alcohol involved so the judgement of the boy racers will be rather impared.
Christchurch has been rapidly getting a bname for not being one of the safest places to visit. Like most cities, Christchurch has its 'braindead' element who like nothing better than to go out, have too much to drink and cause problems. This is especially so with our local car loving boy racer community.
Just like any other city at night, be sesnsible about where you go and be vigilant when you travel alone. Things are not too dire as yet however the rising rate of peronal attacks should be noted.
The Police Kiosk in the Cathedral Square is a safe haven if you find yourself in trouble.
There are Police on duty so you can pop in and have a chat if you have had a 'bad moment' and need the assistance of the constabulary.
There is a front desk looked after by a couple of ladies who can provide general help & advice. If you have a more serious issue then they can get one of the constables to have a chat with you.
Not too far away is the central police station so if the Kiosk is closed then you have another option. The police station is located on the corner of Cambridge Tce and Hereford street.
Be warned that Christchurch has its busiest visitor months in February and March. This means that hotel, motel & all other rooms are in short supply.
If you are coming to Christchurch in February or March then it is highly advisable to book your accommodation in advance. Have a look at this Accommodation Link for some ideas.
I note that there is currently a big sign in the Visitors Centre with this advice. They have been very, very busy over the last couple of weeks with big queues of people wanting help throught eh centre's room finding service. Avoid disappointment and plan ahead!!
More Reviews (102)
- See All Caffeine Laboratory
- See All Pegasus Arms
- See All The Bridle Path
- See All Edmonds Band Rotunda
- See All Football
- See All Winter Travel
fishandchips' Related Pages
Christchurch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shaken but not beaten: A city rising from ruins"
- "My Home - The (Shakey) Garden City"
- "Over Looking Lyttelton Harbour"
- "Charming Christchurch"
- "My winter holiday in summer"
- "Christchurch - Gateway to the South Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Christchurch
- Hotels in Christchurch
- Transportation in Christchurch
- Nightlife in Christchurch
- Restaurants in Christchurch
- Shopping in Christchurch
- Warnings and Dangers in Christchurch
- See All...
Explore the World
- Fortitude Valley
- Norway Warnings and Dangers
- Kusadasi Warnings and Dangers
- Corpus Christi Warnings and Dangers
- Lodz Warnings and Dangers
- Akaroa Warnings and Dangers
- Monument Valley State Park Warnings and Dangers
- Durango Warnings and Dangers
- Driving / Traffic
- Male Island Warnings and Dangers
Badges & Stats in Christchurch
- 106 Reviews
- 134 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 41 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Christchurch
Photos in ChristchurchSee All Photos (134)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Intro, 106 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 81 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 54 reviews, 81 photos
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Paris Intro, 40 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 44 reviews, 46 photos
- Auckland Intro, 27 reviews, 45 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos
Latest Christchurch hotel reviews
- Bealey's Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 15, 2013
- Peppers Clearwater Resort
- 120 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Riccarton Mall & Deans Bush Motel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 24, 2013
- Achilles Motel
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2012
- BeachLife Apartments
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- Rydges Hotel Christchurch
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
- Heritage Christchurch
- 185 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 13, 2013
- Ferry Motel Christchurch
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 23, 2012
- Scenic Suites Christchurch
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 23, 2011
- Windsor Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
- Thomas's Hotel
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 17, 2011
- Arthur's Court Motor Lodge
- 38 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 28, 2013
- The George Christchurch
- 320 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- City Center- 129 Reviews, 159 Photos
- The Christchurch botanical gardens- 36 Reviews, 87 Photos
- International Antarctic Centre- 27 Reviews, 47 Photos
- Christchurch Gondola- 13 Reviews, 26 Photos
- Punting the Avon River- 13 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Port Hills- 5 Reviews, 15 Photos
- Sumner- 8 Reviews, 12 Photos
- Canterbury Museum- 14 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Banks Peninsula- 8 Reviews, 29 Photos
- ARTS CENTER- 18 Reviews, 32 Photos
See All Christchurch Things to Do