"A one shop stop with a few Seals" Kekerengu by fishandchips
Kekerengu Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 20 photos
Kekerengu is a very, very small place in Canterbury about 45 mins North of Kaikoura & 65 mins South of Blenheim. In fact it about the most northerly place in Canterbury before you hit Marlborough. It is named after the Moari Chief, Kekerengu, who set up the original settlement in the early 1800's
The reason to stop here is The Store which has a great range of things to eat and drink plus a wonderful coastline to photograph.
The reason to stop here is The Store which has a good range of things to eat and drink plus a wonderful coastline to photograph.
The coastline follows a similar pattern to that around Kaikoura but without some of the spectacular mountain views.
- Pros:Food & Views
- Cons:Blink and you've missed it
- In a nutshell:My regular stop on the way to Picton
If you are like me and you enjoy relaxing in the sun then you will like Kekerengu. There is very little here to do... more travel advice
Down the steps at the back of The Store there is a small beach with a large rock, home to a few local seals. They seem... more travel advice
fishandchips' Related Pages
Kekerengu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A one shop stop with a few Seals"
- "Kekerengu, the gem on the East Coast."
- "Service with a Snarl"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kekerengu
- 5 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Kekerengu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kekerengu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Christchurch Intro, 107 reviews, 135 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination New Zealand Intro, 81 reviews, 96 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Wellington Intro, 55 reviews, 81 photos
- London Intro, 50 reviews, 52 photos
- Paris Intro, 40 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kilimanjaro National Park Intro, 27 reviews, 67 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 44 reviews, 46 photos
- Auckland Intro, 27 reviews, 45 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 34 reviews, 37 photos
- Rome Intro, 31 reviews, 34 photos