"Another somber moment" Shiloh National Military Park by PinkFloydActuary
Shiloh National Military Park Travel Guide: 100 reviews and 322 photos
As with many of the Civil War Battlefields, there are many sites you come across in Shiloh that you just look at, read about what happened there, and can't help but be stunned at the war that took place here 150 years ago. There are some particularly somber moments on this trip, such as the burial trenches and Bloody Pond. Although Shiloh is a little off the beaten path, the site of massive American casualties on one of the bloodiest battle sites of the war make this a worthwhile excursion.
Right across from the visitor center at the beginning (or end) of the auto tour is the national cemetery of Shiloh.... more travel advice
There are 5 marked confederate burial trenches in the park - Union soldiers dug these trenches to bury nearly 2,000... more travel advice
PinkFloydActuary's Related Pages
Shiloh National Military Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "shiloh national military park"
- "Where a Misguided Nation Awoke to its Error"
- "SHILOH - PEACE WHERE ONCE THERE WAS ANYTHING BUT"
- "Another somber moment"
- "Shiloh Battlefield"
- "Revisiting past"
- "Basaic Shiloh National Military Park Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shiloh National Military Park
- 5 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Shiloh National Military Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shiloh National Military Park
Photos in Shiloh National Military ParkSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 130 reviews, 247 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Glacier National Park Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues