"Wind Cave National Park" Wind Cave National Park by PinkFloydActuary
Wind Cave National Park Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 73 photos
While visiting Custer State Park, we decided to get out of the heat for a few hours and take a cave tour. The choices in the area are Jewel Cave National Monument and Wind Cave National Park. We chose Wind Cave since it is located right next to Custer.
I would say Wind Cave is a unique cave in that you don't see the normal formation (stalagtites & stalagmites). This cave is more famous for it's boxwork, thin strips of minerals that form intricate patterns.
There are multiple hiking trails that are available, as well as wildlife viewing opportunities. We didn't get much of the park taken in since we spent most of the day in Custer, but we did take some time to take one of the tours offered.
PinkFloydActuary's Related Pages
Wind Cave National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Basaic Wind Cave National Park Page"
- "Unique wonders above and below ground"
- "Almost a Boutique of a National Park"
- "Wind Cave Natl Park - The long and winding cave."
- "Wind Cave National Park"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wind Cave National Park
- Hotels in Wind Cave National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Wind Cave National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Wind Cave National Park
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Wind Cave National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wind Cave National Park
Photos in Wind Cave National ParkSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 122 reviews, 229 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Glacier National Park Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues