"Laughlin, NV" Laughlin by PinkFloydActuary
Laughlin Travel Guide: 101 reviews and 203 photos
On my travels through the desert southwest, I stopped for a couple of hours in Laughlin. Being a huge Vegas fan, it's always interesting to see how the other gambling Meccas stack up. The first thing that sticks out to you is that most of the casinos are lined up against the river. You can either walk from casino to casino on a paved riverwalk, or hop a "river taxi" to get from place to place.
The other unique quality is that Laughlin segregates those who travel with their kids and those who don't. Almost every casino I saw had a "family" tower and an "adults only" tower. I've read that Laughlin isn't as family friendly as the other gambling destinations, and I don't know how comfortable I'd be having to be directed off to my own tower. The clientele of Laughlin did seem to me to be a bit older...and I noticed several more people looking like they were down on their luck.
Whether or not you travel with families, if you have casino resorts as a destination, it's worth a stop in Laughlin to see what it's all about. Most of the casinos didn't have a specific theme other than the Colorado Belle, where the steam ship theme carries through the casino, and they do a good job with it.
Please see my travelogue for a few other casino pictures from Laughlin.
- Cons:Seems like it would get dull quickly
- In a nutshell:Worth a side trip at least once
PinkFloydActuary's Related Pages
Laughlin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A taste of gambling history ..."
- "Laughlin, Nevada"
- "Jumping Around Laughlin!"
- "Laughlin, NV"
- "Las Vegas on a Zimmerframe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Laughlin
- Hotels in Laughlin
- Transportation in Laughlin
- Nightlife in Laughlin
- Restaurants in Laughlin
- Warnings and Dangers in Laughlin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Laughlin
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Laughlin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Laughlin
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 127 reviews, 243 photos, 10 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Glacier National Park Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues