"Nevada gateway to Death Valley" Top 5 Page for this destination Beatty by PinkFloydActuary
Beatty Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 50 photos
If you're looking for a "home base" to visit Death Valley, a good choice might be Beatty, NV. There's decent food, gas, and lodging, and the location is ideal for those who wish to spend two days in the park - you can hit all of the northern sites one day, spend the night in Beatty, and then do the southern half the next day.
Beatty is a very small town, but there's a cluster of establishments along route 95 that can give you basically all you might need - a Motel 6, the Death Valley Fruit and Nut Company (gast station/convienence store/candy store) and the Stagecoach Casino.
There's a ton to do in Death Valley, and because the park is so vast, you'll need to spend a lot of time driving from... more travel advice
Right outside of Beatty (4 miles according to the sign) is Rhyolite ghost town. This was a mining town that grew to... more travel advice
PinkFloydActuary's Related Pages
Beatty Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nevada gateway to Death Valley"
- "Beatty, Nevada"
- "Basaic Beatty Page"
- "Beatty - On the Edge of Death Valley"
- "welcome to bonio's Beatty page"
- "Beatty lives, Rhyolite is death (Ghosttown)"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beatty
- Hotels in Beatty
- Restaurants in Beatty
- Shopping in Beatty
- Warnings and Dangers in Beatty
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beatty
- 4 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Beatty?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beatty
Photos in BeattySee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 138 reviews, 273 photos, 16 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Glacier National Park Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues