"The Bloodiest Day of the Civil War" Top 5 Page for this destination Antietam by PinkFloydActuary
Antietam Travel Guide: 95 reviews and 300 photos
I'm not much of a Civil War buff, but the allure of two of the most famous battlefields in the country (Antietam and Gettysburg) was too much to keep me away. I doubt many can feel anything but somber when visiting Antietam. From the visitor center, along the recommended auto tour, you know that 150 years ago, 23,000 people were killed here in one day. You'll easily spend an hour or two just doing the auto tour, but can spend so much more if you stop to read the memorials, monuments, and placards along the roadside.
- Pros:Tons of history - you will get your money's worth
- Cons:The roads are too narrow in places to pull over and read placards
This small state park is about 30 minutes southeast of Antietam. There are a few civil war placards here, but it's most... more travel advice
At the end of Bloody Lane is a fairly tall observation tower, which gives you the opportunity to see some panoramic... more travel advice
PinkFloydActuary's Related Pages
Antietam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ANTIETAM - HIGWATER MARK FOR THE CONFEDERACY"
- "antietam national battlefield"
- "Bloodiest Single Day of the American Civil War"
- "The Bloodiest Day of the Civil War"
- "September 17, 1862 - America's Bloodiest Day"
- "Deadliest Day"
- "The Bloodiest Single Day of Battle"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Antietam
- 6 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Antietam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Antietam
Photos in AntietamSee All Photos (15)
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 138 reviews, 273 photos, 16 travelogues
- Yellowstone National Park Intro, 37 reviews, 134 photos, 5 travelogues
- Glacier National Park Intro, 22 reviews, 87 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 12 reviews, 48 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boston Intro, 10 reviews, 45 photos, 1 travelogue
- Orlando Intro, 16 reviews, 35 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 14 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Valley of Fire State Park Intro, 12 reviews, 38 photos
- Joshua Tree National Park Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 9 reviews, 36 photos, 4 travelogues