"Devil's Postpile National Monument" Top 5 Page for this destination Devils Postpile National Monument by PinkFloydActuary

The Postpile and the Falls

This is a monument that when you read about it, you wonder if it's worth the hassle. You have to leave your car and ride a bus, which of course is not free, to various spots within the monument, then have to wait for the next bus to move along. Despite that, I was intrigued by many of the pictures I saw of the monument, and since we were going to Yosemite the next day, I felt this would be a fun place to visit. While the shuttle is a little bit of a hassle, you really can walk between the two major attractions of the monument pretty easily. There are plenty of well-marked trails to other sites within the monument, and I think this is a place that I could see coming back to one day and exploring for more than the couple of hours we gave it the first time around.

Please see my travelogue for a few more pictures of the monument itself.

• Pros:Interesting sights to see
  • Cons:Shuttle bus can be slow and not frequent enough
  • In a nutshell:A cool diversion outside of Yosemite
  • Last visit to Devils Postpile National Monument: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Oct 14, 2006

• mikelisaanna's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2009 at 6:50 PM

We also did the trip to see the Postpile as part of our Yosemite vacation. It's an interesting sight and a pleasant hike.

PinkFloydActuary

“Searching the world for a clever motto”

Badges & Stats in Devils Postpile National Monument

Have you been to Devils Postpile National Monument?

Friends