"Belfast" Belfast by Sage49
Belfast Travel Guide: 1,069 reviews and 2,323 photos
You've got to go see Ross Wilson's Wardrobe (The Searcher) while you are in Belfast, if you are CS Lewis' fan like me.
Where sky and water meet,
Where the waves grow sweet,
Doubt not, Reepicheep,
To find all you seek,
There is the utter East.
-- The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Mostly on Falls & Shankill Rds. I am not sure if I agree with IRA and all other political issues and the means. However, some murals are really amazing and very interesting. Also, along the streets, there are lots of hole in the wall kind of stores that sell traditional meat pies that are out of this world.
Once MLK said that it is important to understand the similarities in the fundamental nature of the slavary at home and the Vietnam war. He was expanding his historical understanding of oppression. It seems that Northern Irelanders try to draw a connection between what Bobby Sands stands for them and what'd happened in other countries by putting Frederick Douglass up on the wall as one of their mural collection. It should be noted however, that MLK believed in nonviolence.
Sage49's Related Pages
Belfast Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Belfast Northern Ireland"
- "A trip down memory lane"
- "Beal Feirste"
- "Quick Trip To belfast"
- "A unique city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Belfast
- Hotels in Belfast
- Transportation in Belfast
- Nightlife in Belfast
- Restaurants in Belfast
- Shopping in Belfast
- Warnings and Dangers in Belfast
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Belfast
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Belfast?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Belfast
Top 10 Pages
- Chicago Intro, 11 reviews, 54 photos, 7 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 20 photos, 3 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- San Diego Intro, 13 photos, 2 travelogues
- London Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Central & Eastern Thailand Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Siena Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ann Arbor Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Germany Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 2 travelogues