"Mike's Daegu Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Daegu by miketrudeau
Daegu Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 93 photos
We initially heard about Daegu from a young man who had spent several years of his life teaching English at a university there. When Ciara and I were considering teaching English in Korea, we just assumed that we would go to Seoul, because it was the capital city and the only city whose name we had ever heard. This man convinced us to consider Daegu, and we are very glad that we did.
Daegu is South Korea's third-largest city, and is nestled in a basin surrounding by green mountains. Although this city is bigger than Toronto, it doesn't feel like a sprawling metropolis. Indeed, one of the remarkable characteristics of this city is its homogeneity. The whole city seems to be composed of semi-downtown neighbourhoods. There are no skyscrapers to speak of, and the downtown core is really just six square blocks of clothing stores.
This is not to say that the city is uninteresting or repetitive. Daegu holds many secrets for those willing to search, and those who are open to trying new things.
Here is a typical Christmas decoration as seen in the streets of Daegu. So scary...
- Pros:Friendly people, beautiful city, surrounded by mountains.
- Cons:Lack of international presence can be frustrating.
A night out with Korean friends will often end up in a personal singing room, or "noreibang." These are a lot like... more travel advice
Cafe INTO is a great little place, and if you go there any Sunday between now and October 2006 you'll probably see my... more travel advice
miketrudeau's Related Pages
Daegu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mike's Daegu Page"
- "The Crossroads of Korea"
- "Haeinsa or Haein Temple"
- "My first Korean experience."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Daegu
- Hotels in Daegu
- Transportation in Daegu
- Nightlife in Daegu
- Restaurants in Daegu
- Shopping in Daegu
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Daegu
- 10 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Daegu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Daegu
Photos in DaeguSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daegu Intro, 10 reviews, 29 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ottawa Intro, 18 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Busan Intro, 8 reviews, 21 photos
- Leuven Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 6 reviews, 14 photos
- Seoul Intro, 4 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mont-Tremblant Intro, 8 reviews, 10 photos
- Osaka 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Koyasan Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos
- Galway Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos, 1 travelogue