"Carvoeiro" Top 5 Page for this destination Carvoeiro by Dramaqueen2
Carvoeiro Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 63 photos
We love this little fishing village. It's on the Western side of the Algarve about 3/4 hour drive from Faro airport. We have always visited in May and found the place peaceful. There are plenty of restaurants and bars. The beach in Carvoeiro centre is small but very clean and very beautiful.
We like to travel to other beaches and our favourite is Carneiros beach. The waves can become quite large and there is a "drag" from the sea so be careful for those little ones or those who are not strong swimmers.
There are plenty of retaurants and bars to cater for all tastes. It's refreshing to find that the restaurant/bar owners do not "push" their business on to you. You are quite welcome to browse menus etc without pressure to enter.
The kids loved the round up bar - they received free lollies and lots of attention. The singer one evening sang postman pat and dedicated it to Fergus (son) who was over the moon!
- Pros:Lovely friendly village with everything close to hand
- Cons:Careful when crossing the streets
- In a nutshell:Calm, peaceful, beautiful - no lager louts!
use Cavoiero as a base and visit the fantastic beaches around the Algarve. No point in sitting by the pool all holiday -... more travel advice
Dramaqueen2's Related Pages
Carvoeiro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Carvoeiro, Algarve"
- "Paradise Found"
- "Nice and Quiet"
- "THE ALGARVE - NICE WHEN ITS FINISHED"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Carvoeiro
- Hotels in Carvoeiro
- Nightlife in Carvoeiro
- Restaurants in Carvoeiro
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carvoeiro
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Carvoeiro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carvoeiro
Photos in CarvoeiroSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carvoeiro Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Girona Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Ferragudo Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Estacar de la Duquesa Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Dublin Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne 1 review, 2 photos
- Lagos Intro, 2 photos
- Cabanas Intro, 2 photos
- Death Valley National Park 1 review