"Almunecar - great break" Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar by Dramaqueen2
Almuñécar Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 104 photos
Had a lovely day out here. Purchased a family ticket.
PArking is a problem in Alumunecar. As you pass the waterpark you will find car parks at either side. I belive the cost was 2 euros, well worth it.
The water in the park is saltwater. Makes you a little itchy if you're not used to it.
You can purchase rings for rental when you go in, this means that you don't have to wait for the "resident" floats and therefore can queue for the rides whenever you want.
We arrived around 11am and there were not many queues at all so there really was no need to rent one. You have the added problem of looking after the ring, say if you wanted to go to toilet/for something to eat etc.
We saw one gentleman and his son return to where they'd left there rings to find them gone. As well as paying for the rental you have to leave a deposit - so they would have lost that.
There is a black tunnel and a windy tunnel that you need floats for, the rest you don't.
There is a great little waterpark for the younger kids (see pic)
This seems to take place in the second week of August. We hit on lucky. We arrived the Mon 12th and saw the fairground.
On the Wednesday we visited the fairground/shows. It started at around 9pm ish. There was a large ferris wheel - which went really fast!
Loads of other shows like dodgems, bouncy play areas etc. The cost was quite reasonable 1.5 euros per ride. However we also went on the Saturday and the costs had doubled!
Lots of the spanish were dressed in the traditional dresses. The kids looked great.
There are also lots and lots of eaterie places.
On the Saturday there was a fabulour firework display - best i've seen. Again we hit on lucky, we just happened to be heading to the beach and the fireworks started. Once it was finished around 11pm everyone then moved on to the shows
- Pros:Off the tourist track
- Cons:Parking a nightmare in Fiera week
- In a nutshell:lovely way to see local spanish life
Great stay. It's just outside Almunecar, so you will need a car. Taxi into Almunecar approx 6 euros. The apartment is... more travel advice
Dramaqueen2's Related Pages
Almuñécar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hilltop town on the Costa Tropical"
- "Chilled out Spanish coastal town..."
- "Almunecar - great break"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Almuñécar
- Hotels in Almuñécar
- Transportation in Almuñécar
- Nightlife in Almuñécar
- Restaurants in Almuñécar
- Shopping in Almuñécar
- Warnings and Dangers in Almuñécar
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Almuñécar
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Almuñécar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Almuñécar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Carvoeiro Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Girona Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Ferragudo Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Almuñécar Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Estacar de la Duquesa Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Dublin Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Newcastle upon Tyne 1 review, 2 photos
- Lagos Intro, 2 photos
- Cabanas Intro, 2 photos
- Death Valley National Park 1 review