"~ ORIGINAL CITY JAIL ~ RUPERT, IDAHO" Rupert by Silverfeather
Rupert Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
A photo of the original Rupert City Jail, built in 1905 & donated by the City of Rupert. Rupert was named for its "surveyor," and was incorporated April 12, 1906. Rupert is also the seat of Minidoka County. The "charm" of Rupert's city is it's quaint little "Town Square," in which sits a lovely Park. The "Town Square" consists of the West Side, the South Side, the East Side, & the North Side, & is literally a "walking tour" of the city itself. Rupert was also a base camp for POW's during WWII. The original City Jail sits on the north of the City Square.
- Pros:Rupert is a neat little Town to visit, & the highlight is the Park that sits within the "Town Square."
- Cons:Driving around the "Town Square" can be very "confusing & frustrating," because it all goes "one-way" traffic!
- In a nutshell:Visit "Historical Rupert," Idaho!
Silverfeather's Related Pages
Rupert Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rupert
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Rupert?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rupert
Top 10 Pages
- Declo Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 5 travelogues
- Burley Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos, 4 travelogues
- Albion Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 5 travelogues
- Minidoka Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 5 travelogues
- Carey Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 5 travelogues
- Idaho Intro, 6 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ogden Intro, 4 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sublett Intro, 4 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hansen Intro, 4 photos, 3 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 3 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.