"GOING TO MALTA, IDAHO from Declo, Idaho USA" Malta by Silverfeather
Malta Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
Idaho State Highway 81 traveling east out of Declo, Idaho, winds around this small Mountain range, in which is called "The Cottrel Mountain." Years ago this Mountain was referred to as "Horse Butte." One local resident has nick-named it "Indian Ridge," which over-looks a beautiful valley of sage-brush & Agriculture land. One has to travel around this Mountain to get to the small Farming Community of Malta, Idaho. Much Wildlife inhabits this Mountain range, & it is a spectacular sight to be atop the ridge, as one can see for miles upon the valley floors below.... also a good view of the Interstate that heads towards Salt Lake City, Utah. The ridge is a famous place for Hunters, Horse-back riders, 4-wheelers, & dirt-bikes... even "Sunday-drivers," except the terrain is "rough," & one definitely needs a good 4 X 4 vehicle!!
- Pros:Wide-open spaces, much Agriculture and Cattle Ranches...
- Cons:Most definitely a "one-Horse Town!"
- In a nutshell:Don't "blink" when you go by, & make sure you have lots of extra "ice" in your Cooler & plenty to drink!
Silverfeather's Related Pages
Malta Travel Guide
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Malta
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Malta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Malta
Top 10 Pages
- Declo Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos, 5 travelogues
- Burley Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos, 4 travelogues
- Albion Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 5 travelogues
- Minidoka Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos, 5 travelogues
- Carey Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 5 travelogues
- Idaho Intro, 6 photos, 5 travelogues
- Ogden Intro, 4 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sublett Intro, 4 photos, 3 travelogues
- Hansen Intro, 4 photos, 3 travelogues
- Denver Intro, 3 photos, 2 travelogues
No friends yet.