"The light of my life :-)" lengleng's Profile

Globe trotting replaced by chubb cheeks....

Dear members,
It's been about 2 years since I last visited the site with tips for traveler's questions and got help planning my travels.That's because i've been highjacked by Mr chubb cheeks.Yes,since then my husband and I were blessed with chubb cheeks/ Michelin baby I've always wanted.He is now 16 months old and no longer so Michelin like but still as cute as one.He is already been trained to endure the globe trotting life as we have taken him on a 20 hour flight to Malaysia when he was 9 1/2 months old. As traveling genes in his blood proved how well he did on the plane ( as long as he is socialised),so vt traveling mothers out there,this tip works and do let them munch on someting or drink something upon landing and take off to prevent ear preasure.Since then we have also visited hawaii which was only a 5 hour flight but planning another trip to malaysia this december and fingers crossed that he will do as well as he did the last time.
My husband and I used to enjoy our travels but traveling with your baby is another kind of joy and loveliness in the memories that a baby brings.
The only chalenging part of traveling with an infant is reminding ourselves to put our wisdom/EQ to work when faced with rude airplane passengers.To compassionate and logical beings, babies communicate by crying and not speaking but that would be in an ideal world wouldn't it?I would always tell my husband to look at it in a perspective thier rudeness is due to the lack of compassion,wisdom and often has thier own personal issues yet to be dealt with.Putting ego aside and absolutely crucial for us to not react so to prevent the negative domino effect for the sake of the peace of the baby and everyone else.I hope my experience is somewhat a tip for some and until more stories and tips, happy travels :-) leng leng

• Intro Updated Oct 21, 2007

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2009 at 12:41 PM

We wish you a .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*MERRYº. ♪♫ CHRISTMAS¤ø.♪♫We wish you a .♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*• MERRYº♪♫ CHRISTMAS¤ø ♪♫and a HAPPY NEW YEAR„♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM

Mr Chubby Cheeks is so cute...congratulations on having a wonderful baby...Hope you have a jumping picture in your next vacation to put in my collection of jumping VTers...JumpingNorman :)

• alza's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2009 at 12:28 AM

oh is Tyler ever sporty! Bet he chose Triathlon just to show you he's no Michelin Man! LOL Yea, hotel might arrange pickup outside Rome but *hefty* for deposit in Florence would mean heftissimo! rock expensive I think.

• ViajesdelMundo's Profile Photo
    Sep 9, 2009 at 2:38 PM

OH he IS very adorable!! May you 3 be continuously blessed.

• Odinnthor's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2009 at 10:44 PM

Chubb cheeks is adorable. I lived on Maui in Lahaina for 5 years. ... Good luck in Rome...d;o) Erik

• Rixie's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2008 at 7:33 PM

He's adorable!

• travelgourmet's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Visiting your fair city in two weeks. Where may I find the best Dim Sum? How is "You's Dim Sum" in Chinatown?

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Oct 22, 2007 at 2:12 PM

lengleng. He is a very handsome Michelin baby! Looks like he's ready for the triathlon. Ours didn't run their first 12K until they were 10 years old. Tyler may beat them! Good luck. You can bring him on our flight any time!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    Oct 14, 2007 at 3:23 AM

Very wise motto.

• NC_Ziggy's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 6:01 PM

Hi Leng! Welcome to VT! Can we expect some pages from you soon... hmmm? :-) It really is the best way to enjoy VT and all of the great people here... Greetings & Best Wishes from North Carolina! ;-)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
lengleng's Profile Photo

lengleng

“Always be mindful of the intent before speaking.”

Ranked Member