"Hot stone" Kemerovo by cheeksy
Kemerovo Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 10 photos
Once upon a time, about 300 years ago, there was a little village by the small river Iskitimka and the name of the village was Scheglovo. There was nothing special about that place until in 1721 Michailo Volkov found a huge piece of coal which eventually was named "Hot Stone".
Not until 200 years later that the Tsar gave orders to open mine for coal extraction. And the area where people were nearly dying of hunger starting flourishing and prospering.
Kemerovo didn't get its name until 27th of March 1932 when the Soviet government decided to build a city. And in 1943 this city became the center of the region that is now known as Kemerovo region or Kuzbass.
At present, Kemerovo is one of the biggest industrial centers in Eastern Russia and is known not only for coal mining, but for fast developing machine and energy industry.
If you are into deep progressive house music, visit Club Mix with leading Dj Ewan Rill. Casual more travel advice
cheeksy's Related Pages
Kemerovo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hot stone"
- "the sun always shines in siberia"
- "Cuatro días en Kemerovo con Irina"
- "Kemerovo Region Celebrates 70 years...."
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kemerovo
- 2 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Kemerovo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kemerovo
Photos in KemerovoSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- State of Kerala Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Douala Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Dubai Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Beijing Shi Intro, 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Goa Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Harbin Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Kemerovo Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Krasnokamensk Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 photos
- Chengdu 1 review, 2 photos