"Small Normandie town" Douvres-la-Délivrande by adelinemmc
Douvres-la-Délivrande Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 23 photos
This small town, close to Juno beach and was liberated by the British on 7 June 1944. It is located between Ouistreham (ferries) and Caen.
It is famous for its basilique and its twin towers that can be seen for miles in the flat Normandy country side.
You'll probably need a car although there are regular buses to/from Caen.
is at: http://www.ville-douvres-la-delivrande.fr/
It's very informative about what you can visit such as the basilique, the radar museum and the British military cementary but it's all in French.
- Pros:Enough to occupy a morning or afternoon
adelinemmc's Related Pages
Douvres-la-Délivrande Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Douvres-la-Délivrande
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Douvres-la-Délivrande?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Douvres-la-Délivrande
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Djibouti Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- London Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Ayacucho Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Andahuaylas Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Berlin Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- La Napoule Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Arequipa Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Pisco Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos