"Montsegur: the Cathares' formidable fortress" Montségur by adelinemmc
Montségur Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 24 photos
The Cathares were a medieval Christian group mainly located in the South West of France Languedoc). They separated from the Catholic church that they viewed as deeptly corrupt.
They advocated a manichean take on life and viewed themselves as pure. Of course, they were classified as heretics by the roman catholic church and were exterminated after a protracted campaign.
They left many legends and magnificent castle perched all around the Languedoc area of France.
Montsegur was the place of a long siege and the Cathares defensers killed themselves rather than admit defeat. It is now a beautiful castle to visit and a stopover on the Sentier Cathare or Cathar trail, a long distance hiking path.
adelinemmc's Related Pages
Montségur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WOW >>LANGUEDOC AND SPAIN"
- "Montsegur: the Cathares' formidable fortress"
- "Ben Òc!"
- "The Cathar center of Montségur"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Montségur
- Hotels in Montségur
- Transportation in Montségur
- Restaurants in Montségur
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Montségur
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Montségur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Montségur
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Djibouti Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- Paris Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- London Intro, 11 reviews, 13 photos
- Ayacucho Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Andahuaylas Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- La Napoule Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Arequipa Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Pisco Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Berlin Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marsa al `Alam Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos