"The start of our Andean adventures" Huancayo by adelinemmc
Huancayo Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 41 photos
This is the departure point for the highest train line in the world, going to Huancavelica.
a good day sight seeing and shopping trip is to go to:
- Cocha Grande and Cocha Chico: buy carved gourds
- then Hualhuas: buy alpaca goods
- then San Jeronimo: buy silver jewellry
Everything was extremely cheap for goods you will find all over Peru but at twice or three times the price.
See separate shopping and things to do tips
There are several workshops in the two little villages. Some are on the main street, others more difficult to find... more travel advice
adelinemmc's Related Pages
Huancayo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The start of our Andean adventures"
- "HUANCAYO PERU"
- "Mantaro Valley Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Huancayo
- Hotels in Huancayo
- Restaurants in Huancayo
- Shopping in Huancayo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Huancayo
- 3 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Huancayo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Huancayo
Photos in HuancayoSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Paris Intro, 22 reviews, 30 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Djibouti Intro, 17 reviews, 22 photos
- London Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Esbjerg Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Berlin Intro, 6 reviews, 11 photos
- Ayacucho Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Andahuaylas Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- La Napoule Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Arequipa Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos