"Back from Costa Rica - Next Stop, India!!!" krissyM's Profile
I have been very fortunate in my life to have had the opporotunity to travel. I grew up in Canada and prior to High School I had really only been to a few resorts in Mexico with my family. But in High School that all changed.
My father got a job in Dhaharan, Saudi Arabia and the company my father was working for only had schooling up to Grade 9. So I had the opporotunity to attend a boarding school in Switzerland. During my 10th, 11th and 12th grade years I travelled all over Europe spending weekends at the Christmas markets in Germany, camping in the south of France, and band trips to Sarteano, Italy. My Christmas, Easter and summer vacations were spent living on a compound in Saudi Arabia. What a culture shock!
Once I returned to Canada to go to college once a summer I would spend three weeks a year travelling to some new destination with anybody willing to go with me. I have continued that once a year vacation now that I am "grown up" and working. I hoard all my vaction time so that once a year I can go to some far off place that I have never seen before.
My current goal is to travel to 50 countries. Once I hit that goal I want to travel to 100 countries. I think technically I'm at 39. But I really think it is 41. I was in Hong Kong prior to it being handed back to China and I've been to Scotland. Don't tell the Scottish they aren't their own coutry - they take exception!
My most recent trip was a liveaboard dive vacation to Coco's Island, Costa Rica. Over 10 days I saw hundreds of Hammerhead sharks, white tips, black tip, Oceanic and Galapogos sharks. Also saw Manta's, dolphins, marble rays, Orcas and octopus. What a trip of a lifetime!!
My next major trip is planned for February/March 2013. I'm spending 21 days traveling around India including houseboating in the backwaters of Kerals!
Here's is my list of "must see" countries which I would like to travel to sooner rather then later. If anyone has any suggestions on places I just cannont miss either on the list or not send me an email. I am always adding to the list below!
Here they are in no particular order:
2. China and Tibet
8. Equador and the Galapogos
10. Jordan and Petra
Here are some of the most memorable travel experiences I have had.
1. Watching the sun set behind the Moai on Easter Island, Chile.
2. Swimming at the base of Angel Falls, the worlds tallest waterfall in Venezuela.
3. Drinking Sangria under the shadow of the Sagrada Familia in Barcelona, Spain.
4. Walking through a riot (because our cab driver refused to drive through it) in Arequipa, Peru.
5. Scuba Diving in Bali, Indonesia
6. Seeing the pyramids of Giza for the first time. The only time in my life my jaw has dropped in wonder.
7. Watching the sun rise at Borobudur in Indonesia.
8. Trying to get the tuk-tuk drivers in Bangkok to take us to the Palace only to have them drop us off at jewelry stores.
9. Starting to speak with an Irish accent after spending a week in Ireland (I assimilate well).
10. Going to an all night electronic concert in Istanbul.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 281 Reviews
- 513 Photos
- 16 Countries
- 37 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- krissyM and dame2 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel India Forum "Re: Golden Triangle Suggestions..."
- Commented on jumpingnorman's profile page
updated their Profile Page "Back from Costa Rica - Next Stop, India!!!"
- created a Marrakesh Travel Page "The Ochre City"
- Uploaded a Photo to "The Ochre City"
- Wrote a Review Dont go. Buy a postcard and call it done! about Menara Gardens in Marrakesh Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to Yogyakarta
Top 10 Pages
- Easter Island Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos
- Los Angeles 23 reviews, 34 photos
- London 22 reviews, 32 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 20 reviews, 34 photos
- Calgary 21 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Parque Nacional Canaima 13 reviews, 34 photos
- Namibia Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos
- Barcelona 11 reviews, 30 photos
- Monterey Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Lima 8 reviews, 22 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22461 Reviews - 54973 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2701 Reviews - 7925 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23317 Reviews - 48909 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Prampram Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos