"Bird banding station" Ocsa by albert34
Ocsa Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 14 photos
Is this picture taken in Africa?.No.It is a banding station in a wetland reserve near Ócsa.30 kms.South of Budapest.These people are Earthwatch volunteers,like me;and they came from Kenya where are working in National Parks.
This a Landscape Protection Area that belongs to the Duna-Ipoly National Park.Many birds from Eastern Europe take this route when flying to Africa for the Winter.The migrating birds stop over to feed and fatten for the next long distance.In this station are banded,aged,sexed,measured and weighed.Our work consisted of going to the mist nets to bring birds in small bags every hour.
There are 5 peasant houses in Ócsa.Each building has a different name.You can see how the peasants live many years... more travel advice
albert34's Related Pages
Ocsa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bird banding station"
- "Ócsa - a famous romanesque church near Budapest"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ocsa
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Ocsa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ocsa
Photos in OcsaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Palencia Intro, 36 reviews, 93 photos
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Göteborg Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos
- Montreal Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Grenoble Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos
- Iceland Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
No friends yet.