"Palencia and its province." Palencia by albert34
Palencia Travel Guide: 67 reviews and 217 photos
Palencia is a town with 82,000 people in the middle of a plateau as almost all the region,Castile.Although I wasn't born here I live in Palencia for many years.At the beginning I did not like it; I was used to big towns.But nowadays I love it.
The people here is rather introvert and cold at first glance.It's a matter of much time to make friends,but they become very loyal.
Although many tourists remain just one day it is necessary to spend more time in the town to see everything and live a little as the "palentinos".
If you like Arts there are a lot of matter everywhere.Very little villages with a surprising romanesque church are very usual at the Nord.Roman villas in the Center.Castles in the South.
Geographically the province is divided in 3 zones:Mountains at the North,plains around the capital, and hills in the Center.Long,cold Winter and a short,hot Summer (athough nights are cool).Rather dry,April and November are rainy months.
La Dársena was an old canal dock but now is only used for walking around. more travel advice
Puentecillas is the most famous bridge in Palencia.A pedestrian one builded in the Middle Age,possibly on an roman... more travel advice
albert34's Related Pages
Palencia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palencia and its province."
- "Palencia, the unknown beauty"
- "Palencia, a hiden Castilian gemstone"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palencia
- Hotels in Palencia
- Transportation in Palencia
- Nightlife in Palencia
- Restaurants in Palencia
- Warnings and Dangers in Palencia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palencia
- 36 Reviews
- 93 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Palencia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palencia
Photos in PalenciaSee All Photos (93)
Videos in PalenciaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Palencia Intro, 36 reviews, 93 photos
- Paris Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Göteborg Intro, 12 reviews, 30 photos
- Montreal Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Toronto Intro, 6 reviews, 23 photos
- Grenoble Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 14 reviews, 8 photos
- Iceland Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Palencia hotel reviews
- 2 Reviews & Opinions