"Teluk Intan" Top 5 Page for this destination Teluk Intan by samantha_chee
Teluk Intan Travel Guide: 51 reviews and 90 photos
Teluk Anson was its former name. Named after a British General. I know this place only after i got together with Seamus. TI is his hometown. His family and friends are all here. He still come home frequently.
Teluk Intan (TI) was a small town. It's municipal was call Majlis Daerah Hilir Perak (MDHP) earlier. TI was upgraded to Majlis Perbandaran Hilir Perak (MPHP) in 2004. Sultan of Perak has visited this place during this "upgrade ceremony", c/w Siti Nurhaliza's performace! It is now same "status" as some bigger city in Selangor, e.g. Subang Jaya.
Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan is an important "symbol" for this city. It was built by Choong Cheong in 1885. It has a water tank on its top. Water is use during dry season and fire fighting purpose. However, it is no more in function now. It starts open for public visit two years ago. The tower is "straight" before 1895. Two floods during 1889 and 1895 caused it lean like now.
Chinese is the majority residence here. Living standard is still lower than KL city, everything is cheaper. As a comparison, a "wanton mee" costs you RM 3.50 in KL but it's just RM 2.50 here.
- Pros:Enjoy maximum the relax atmosphere here...
- Cons:Limited public transport available within this city
It is the purpose of all tourists who come here. It was built about 120 years ago as a water tank for clean water supply... more travel advice
If you depart from KL (Puduraya Station), it costs you RM 10+. Make sure you purchase the ticket from counter to avoid... more travel advice
samantha_chee's Related Pages
Teluk Intan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Used car Town...."
- "The Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan"
- "A Quaint Small Town"
- "Teluk Intan"
- "Teluk Intan"
- "First Impression of Teluk Intan"
- "Teluk Anson"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Teluk Intan
- Hotels in Teluk Intan
- Transportation in Teluk Intan
- Restaurants in Teluk Intan
- Shopping in Teluk Intan
- See All...
Explore the World
- Denali National Park and Preserve Hotels
- Tutong Hotels
- Waterton Lakes National Park Hotels
- Albert Canyon Hotels
- Rawalpindi Hotels
- San Vicente de la Barquera
- Sierra Blanca Hotels
- Rancho Mirage
Badges & Stats in Teluk Intan
- 9 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Teluk Intan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Teluk Intan
Top 10 Pages
- Bali Intro, 16 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Pulau Tioman Intro, 15 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Teluk Intan Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos, 4 travelogues
- Shenzhen 7 reviews, 3 photos
- Melaka Intro, 1 review, 7 photos, 1 travelogue
- Phuket Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- Macao 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Singapore Intro, 3 reviews
- Chiang Mai 2 reviews