"CLIFFS OF MOHER" County Clare by Rita_
County Clare Travel Guide: 705 reviews and 1,894 photos
If there is a weird place in the world ... I think this is the Cliffs of Moher.
Coming from any direction, you have the impression that you are going up to get to the top of a hill ... but when you reach it, you will have a surprise: the other half of that hill doesn't exit anymore!
Has anybody stolen it? Has it been swallowed by the ocean?
What is left is a sheer cliff above the sea which goes vertically down, 200 metres high and 8 km long.
On the horizon, on a cleary day, the Aran Islands are visible in Galway Bay as well as the valley and hills of Connemara.
Situated in County Clare and bordering the Burren Area, the Cliffs are one of Ireland's most spectacular sights.
You are advised to dress warmly when visiting the Cliffs because of the cool Atlantic winds blowing in off the ocean.
Nevertheless, a walk along the Cliffs is not to be missed.
You have to be careful as there are no safety barriers and sections of the cliffs sometimes give away.
Those with a head for heights can easily walk to the edge of the Cliff and view the Atlantic Ocean below.
I had been told that the Cliffs of Moher were one of the Ireland's most visited attractions and, when I got there, I knew why!!!
- In a nutshell:mistic experience
Rita_'s Related Pages
County Clare Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Sweet County Clare"
- "The Cliffs of Moher, the Burren & a lot more !"
- "Cliffs of Moher and Burren"
- "Cliffs of Moher, Bunratty Castle and the Burren"
- "The Cliffs of Moher"
- "Co. Clare..The Burren and the Cliffs of Moher"
- "County Clare"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Clare
- Hotels in County Clare
- Transportation in County Clare
- Nightlife in County Clare
- Restaurants in County Clare
- Shopping in County Clare
- Warnings and Dangers in County Clare
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Clare
- 0 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to County Clare?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Clare
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chia Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Torino Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Ulàssai Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Berlin Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Wicklow Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
Top County Clare hotels
- Ennis Hotels
- 62 Reviews - 111 Photos
- Doolin Hotels
- 117 Reviews - 231 Photos
- Shannon Hotels
- 73 Reviews - 177 Photos
- Lisdoonvarna Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 14 Photos
- Bunratty Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 216 Photos
- Newmarket on Fergus Hotels
- 2 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Killaloe Hotels
- 9 Reviews - 42 Photos
- Ballyvaughan Hotels
- 29 Reviews - 37 Photos
- Sixmilebridge Hotels
- 2 Hotels
- Milltown Malbay Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Liscannor Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 22 Photos
- Lehinch Hotels
- 5 Reviews - 9 Photos
- Kilrush Hotels
- 10 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Kilmaley Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Killinaboy Hotels
- 1 Review - 4 Photos