"HOWTH" Howth by Rita_
Howth Travel Guide: 184 reviews and 587 photos
The small harbour town of Howth, in North County Dublin 15kms from the city centre, is as famous for its fresh fish as it is for the craggy hill which towers above the town and dominates Dublin Bay. Howth is a peninsula - linked to the mainland by a narrow spit of land. The name Howth is derived from the Danish word 'hoved' which means head.
The small town is dominated by the large fishing port and has some interesting buildings from the 14th century onwards.
A spectacular cliff top walk exists from Howth to neighbouring Sutton overlooking Dublin bay and is worth the effort. Along the walk can be seen the Bailey Lighthouse and Journey's End.
- Pros:lovely town and magnificent view
- Cons:ideal for a walk on a sunny day
Rita_'s Related Pages
Howth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Howth - 'The finest view west of Naples'"
- "Howth and Malahide: Great Dublin Day Trips"
- "Howth IS Magic!"
- "A great daytrip from Dublin!"
- "Just 30 minutes from Dublin..."
- "Beauty awaits ... just 30 minutes outside Dublin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Howth
- Hotels in Howth
- Transportation in Howth
- Nightlife in Howth
- Restaurants in Howth
- Shopping in Howth
- Warnings and Dangers in Howth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Howth
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Howth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Howth
Top 10 Pages
- Amsterdam Intro, 10 reviews, 39 photos, 3 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 2 reviews, 25 photos, 4 travelogues
- Chia Intro, 3 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 4 reviews, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Torino Intro, 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Ulàssai Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 19 photos, 2 travelogues
- Madrid Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Berlin Intro, 3 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Wicklow Intro, 14 photos, 2 travelogues