"Merida: Contrast of Relaxation and Extreme Sports" Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida by ukmagicman
Mérida Travel Guide: 117 reviews and 318 photos
Merida also known as Ciudad de Los Caballeros (The Gentlemen's City, a name fully honored by its citizens' proverbial polite manners and so well spoken Spanish) is the headquarters of one of the most prestigious universities. It shelters students from all over the country who confer the city a youthful jovial atmosphere.
Everyone is much more layed back, friendly and relaxed in Merida compared to other cities in Venezuela and along with this you will feel much safer than other places.
Merida City is considered a tourist pole not only for the numerous attractions it offers but also for good standard hotels, posadas, restaurants and most of all its friendly population.
Besides being an excellent starting point for touring the Andes, Merida itself offers many interesting attractions, including the worldwide highest and longest cable car which can take you to Pico Espejo (Espejo Peak) 4600 m.
A visit to the two famous theme parks Los Aleros and Venezuela de Antier will give you the chance to get to know the Venezuelan way, taste typical meals, have fun and plenty of laughter.
And after you have relaxed in the parks and learnt about Venezuelan culture, you can change the tempo and move to the extreme with a huge selection of extreme sports.
Around the city you can hike to your hearts content up the mountains, jump off the top of the mountain with one of the paragliding companies, make your way down the mountains jumping off waterfalls and absailing down waterfalls through canyoning, zoom through the rapids in rafts, or take a bone shaking mountain bike ride. Everything you want is here and at some of the lowest prices you will ever find with very professional guides.
- Pros:Activities for all types, low prices, very safe, friendly people, an abundance to do, easy to explore other areas of Venezuela
- Cons:hummmm... drawing a blank
- In a nutshell:A Must Visit for Any Traveller to Venezuela
If you are planning to take lots of trips in Merida with tour companies to places like Los Llanos and Catatumbo or to... more travel advice
One of the most beautiful regions in Venezuela is "Los Llanos." Here you can get close to nature and encounter many... more travel advice
ukmagicman's Related Pages
Mérida Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Santiago de Los Caballeros de Mérida"
- "Merida: Contrast of Relaxation and Extreme Sports"
- "Merida -2002"
- "Venezuela's University Town in the Andes"
- "merida and environs"
- "El Techo de Venezuela"
- "La ciudad de los caballeros"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mérida
- Hotels in Mérida
- Transportation in Mérida
- Nightlife in Mérida
- Restaurants in Mérida
- Shopping in Mérida
- Warnings and Dangers in Mérida
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mérida
- 19 Reviews
- 62 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Mérida?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mérida
Photos in MéridaSee All Photos (62)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mérida Intro, 19 reviews, 62 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 9 reviews, 10 photos
- Buenos Aires 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Boston Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Washington D.C. 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Miami 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Kailua-Kona 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Choroní 1 review, 5 photos
- Estado do Rio de Janeiro 2 reviews, 3 photos
- San Ignacio 3 reviews, 2 photos