Bali Hotel Tips by meggy88

Bali Hotels: 2,068 reviews and 237 photos

Sun lounges - Bali

Sun lounges

Villa Shinta Dewi: Luxury Villa

We spent 6 wonderful nights at this 4 bedroom private villa in Seminyak. The villas has its own own staff who cook breakfast to order each morning and were well equiped for lunch or dinner requests. The staff were exceptionally friendly and attentive, we could not even get a glass of water without somebody offering to get it for us, made our dinner reservation, organised a babysitter, and even ordered take out for us. The Villa's manager, Nong was a very proffesional and lovely person who ensured our stay was perfect.

Great place for a celebration birthday, wedding, womens shopping trip or friends enjoying a holiday together. While an expensive option I would say it was value for money and would do it again.

Unique Qualities: Each room had its own bathroom, TV, DVD and we had a lovely pool right outside our rooms. The villa had its own mini gym equiped with a treadmill, cross trainer and weights, it had a separate study area, two living areas and lovely garden where you could relax in the sun. All rooms overlook the pool and garden area.

Address: Jl Laksmana 22, Seminyak Bali

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Laksmana Villa Complex, opposite The Samaya Villas and Resort.

Other Contact: mailto:info@villashintadewi.com

Phone: 62 361 736 320

Price: US$180 and up

Theme: Other

Website: http://www.villashintadewi.com/en/home/

• Updated Dec 30, 2008
Good Family hotel with a bit of luxury - Bali
Patra Bali Resort & Villas: Good Family hotel with a bit of luxury

Whilst I have only stayed overnight, the Patra is very popluar with my sisters / parents and has now become the hotel of choice when travelling with the kids. Book a club suite which has two rooms with a sofa bed, both rooms have a tv and you can shut off the kids when sleeping for a bit of privacy. Whilst a way from the main drag of Kuta, now the boardwalk is almost completed its much easier to walk to restaurants and shops. Kids club is very popular with the younger members of the family.

Unique Qualities: Patra has three pool is excellents, one is exclusively for adults with the main pool being a good depth for children. If you want a good sunset view stay at the Patra.

Address: Tuban Beach Near Kuta Denpasar, 80031 Bali

Comparison: about average

Directions: Just keep walking south along the beach heading for the airport.

Phone: 62 361 751 161

Price: US$80-120

Website: http://www.patrabali.com

• Updated Dec 30, 2008
Hotel Padma: Everything one could hope for

I stayed at this fantastic hotel for 7 days in Nov 2007 and could not fault it. I chose a Deluxe Chalet and was not dissapointed, the room had just been renovated and was big and luxurious. The bathroom was huge and had a great walk in shower and separate bath. I had a little garden with very comfortable chairs to sit on after a hard day of shopping. The selection at the breakfast buffet was huge and you could not want for anything. Pool was extremely big and had a swim up bar. You can pay extra so that all your drinks and free snacks are included for the majority of the day but I did not think it was worth the add fee.

Unique Qualities: Anyone staying here must try the Mandara Spa, it was so lovely that I went back three time, was more expensive than some surrounding spas but the ambience was worth it. If you book in for a Balinese massage between 10am - 3pm you get 30% off.

Address: Jalan Padma, Legian

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: Is #1 Jl Padma facing out to the beach.

Price: US$120-180

Website: http://www.hotelpadma.com

• Updated Jan 26, 2008
GREAT LOCATION - Bali
Kartika Plaza Beach Hotel: GREAT LOCATION Hotel Jatra Bali Review

I stayed at this hotel for two night at the end of a 14 day trip in DEC 2007. I selected the ocean facing room and had a good view of the beach and pool area. I liked this hotel for several reasons because of the location to the beach, shopping areas and good restaurants, pool was fantastic and staff were very friendly. Rooms were a good size had just been repainted and the bathroom had a walk in shower. Whilst I really enjoyed my short stay here I do think it is a bit expensive and you are really paying for the location, which I was happy to do.

Unique Qualities: Pool is a good size and depth (deepest section is 1.8m) and has a swim up bar and plenty of lounges.

Address: Jl. Kartika Plaza, , Bali, Bali

Comparison: more expensive than average

Directions: located in Jalan Kartika Plaza South Kuta next door to Centro plazza and very close to Waterbom Park

Price: US$120-180

Badges & Stats in Bali

Have you been to Bali?

Latest Activity in Bali

Visiting Bali?
Read real reviews about Bali Hotels!

Top 10 Bali Things to Do