"Sulla's Traveling Pages" sulla's Profile
I grew up on the island called Karmoey on the West coast of Norway together with mum, dad and my little brother Kjartan. I pretty much spent my childhood surrounded by nature and enjoyed many holidays on the family's sailing boat. When I turned 21 years old, I bought myself an "around the world" ticket and took off with a backpack to follow my dream: exploring the world. Thanks to this trips' many wonderful experiences, I got a more global outlook and was truly bitten by the travel bug. I ended my law studies back in Norway and moved to Australia where I studied International Business & Management for 5 years. Since then, I have lived in Oslo, Wiesbaden (Germany),Tokyo, Nairobi (Kenya), and now finally back in Norway again where I'm undertaking a second master degree.
While living in these very different locations, I've had the opportunity to explore each country and its continent further. Staying in a place for a longer period allows you to get a deep sense and understanding of its unique culture, history and way of life. Evidently, each place also affects and helps shaping your very being. A true description of myself thus include the following characteristics:
- Driving abilities usually more associated with aggressive Kenyan minibus (matatu) drivers
- Language skills to confuse just about anyone from anywhere (including myself)
- Dress sense which usually never matches my current location's fashion
- Holding at least 3 sets of just about everything i own, from furniture to cosmetics, as I tend to store my things in locations all over (with the optimistic intention of coming back for them as some time in the future, of course)
- Always trying to outdo myself with regards to unique presents from around the world to my people back home, only to find they sell the same stuff at the local corner store (usually discounted as last seasons products)...
- Always confusing greeting procedures which sometimes involves embarrasing nose crashing moments (how many kisses/hugs to which nationality, or was that bowing or handshake only?)
- the coins in my wallet never corresponds with my physical location's currency
- I forget most things (hmmm...I guess attributing this rather irritating trait to cultural exposure wont fly that easily...?)
Now, enough about me, why dont you write me a few lines about yourself instead?
Looking forward to hearing from you,
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 6 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- sulla and Max.yoghi are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Siracusa Forum "Easter in Siracusa"
updated their Profile Page "Sulla's Traveling Pages"
- Wrote a Review Arabian nights in Nairobi in Kenya Nightlife
- updated a Kenya Travel Page "Close to My Heart"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Close to My Heart"
- Commented on one of kia81's Puglia travel pages
PhotosSee All Photos (19)
Top 5 Pages
- Cambodia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Kenya Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Laos Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo