"Sulla's Traveling Pages" sulla's Profile

My Background

I grew up on the island called Karmoey on the West coast of Norway together with mum, dad and my little brother Kjartan. I pretty much spent my childhood surrounded by nature and enjoyed many holidays on the family's sailing boat. When I turned 21 years old, I bought myself an "around the world" ticket and took off with a backpack to follow my dream: exploring the world. Thanks to this trips' many wonderful experiences, I got a more global outlook and was truly bitten by the travel bug. I ended my law studies back in Norway and moved to Australia where I studied International Business & Management for 5 years. Since then, I have lived in Oslo, Wiesbaden (Germany),Tokyo, Nairobi (Kenya), and now finally back in Norway again where I'm undertaking a second master degree.

While living in these very different locations, I've had the opportunity to explore each country and its continent further. Staying in a place for a longer period allows you to get a deep sense and understanding of its unique culture, history and way of life. Evidently, each place also affects and helps shaping your very being. A true description of myself thus include the following characteristics:
- Driving abilities usually more associated with aggressive Kenyan minibus (matatu) drivers
- Language skills to confuse just about anyone from anywhere (including myself)
- Dress sense which usually never matches my current location's fashion
- Holding at least 3 sets of just about everything i own, from furniture to cosmetics, as I tend to store my things in locations all over (with the optimistic intention of coming back for them as some time in the future, of course)
- Always trying to outdo myself with regards to unique presents from around the world to my people back home, only to find they sell the same stuff at the local corner store (usually discounted as last seasons products)...
- Always confusing greeting procedures which sometimes involves embarrasing nose crashing moments (how many kisses/hugs to which nationality, or was that bowing or handshake only?)
- the coins in my wallet never corresponds with my physical location's currency
- I forget most things (hmmm...I guess attributing this rather irritating trait to cultural exposure wont fly that easily...?)

Now, enough about me, why dont you write me a few lines about yourself instead?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Sulla

• Intro Updated Jan 25, 2008

• Justin_goa's Profile Photo
    Nov 28, 2007 at 6:28 AM

Greetings from Goa, India!! cheers!

• Jul 26, 2007 at 8:49 AM

Hello Sulla, my name is Steph Nelson, and I have just moved to Nairobi for six months. I was wondering if you know of any safe, shared accomadation to rent. I am currently in Buru Buru and do not feel that safe here. thanks for your help

• Acirfa's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2007 at 2:05 AM

Enjoyed reading about you, would love to see some info from a residence point of view on Kenya. As a visitor I love the place

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2007 at 11:27 PM

Hi Sulla, What a travel-experience ! I often passed by your peninsula in Norway, while working for Den Norske Americalinje, when you were a child ;-)

• May 21, 2007 at 5:37 AM

Hi Sulla Many thanks for your well wishes. Be blessed! Greetings from Singapore.

• Malopolanin2006's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2006 at 12:18 PM

Interesting range of visited countries, also your travelling history. Pity there is no pics about kenya. regards from Krakow

• Eurasian68's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2006 at 9:57 AM

Happy Birthday from Germany!

• Jan 3, 2006 at 4:38 AM

Happy birthday . Greetings from India. Also wishing you a Happy New Year. Let the New Year bring you great happiness and exciting travels .

• chiara76's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2006 at 3:37 AM

Happy Birthday and a Happy New Year there! Greetings from Poland.

• sayedaburas's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2006 at 5:31 PM

Happy birthday to you♫ Happy birthday to you♫♫ HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Soelvi♫ Happy birthday to yoou♫♫ I wish you not only a happy new year, but also happier maaany returns(~_~)ღ ღ What a lovley stuff you have:))

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
sulla's Profile Photo

sulla

“One Planet. One Experiment.”

Real Name