"The Big "L"" Lakeview by yursparky
Lakeview Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 22 photos
I finally found out what the "L" stands for. Obviously, the name of the town would suggest that, but actually it wasn't till spring 06 trip to Klamath Falls that I learned that the giant letters on hillsides are usually put up by the local schools. thus the "L" stands for the Lakeview Senior High School - the only school in town with about 250 students and a canadian goose Honker for mascot
At 4700 feet plus, Lakeview is the highest elevation town in Oregon. The picture was taken from a butte east of Lakeview, about 1500 feet higher, a launching site for paragliders.
Population of Lakeview only 2500 people. Notice the edge of Goose Lake at the upper left hand corner of the picture. The lake is alkali and not suitable for life. Half of the lake is located in California.
- In a nutshell:Back to the future I
As far as the burgers - they were OK, but we went for the fast part of it - the drive through, how about 20 minutes? in... more travel advice
Just north of the beautiful Hart Lake, in the Warner Valley there is a dozen of other so called "lakes" - I don't know... more travel advice
yursparky's Related Pages
Lakeview Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Big "L""
- "JVBIPPY's new Lakeview Page"
- "High Desert Home and picturesque winters"
- "hgausepohl's new Lakeview Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lakeview
- Hotels in Lakeview
- Restaurants in Lakeview
- Warnings and Dangers in Lakeview
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lakeview
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Lakeview?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lakeview
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lakeview Intro, 6 reviews, 18 photos
- Willamette Mission State Park Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Fort Stevens State Park Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Neptune State Park Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Pasco Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Kennewick 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Muskegon 1 review, 4 photos
- Grants Pass Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Yachats Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
No friends yet.