"Pirate's Hideaway" NegrilPirate's Profile

My Negril

I have been coming to Jamaica for about 35 years. My first trip to Negril came 2 years after I landed here. Since that time I have lived here many times, and visited Negril every year at least once. Times have changed here drastically, gone are the thatch covered buildings and the peaceful beach. But everything changes!

Living In Negril

Sure is alot different than my Native Canada. I lived on an Island there to, called Prince Edward Island, but the cold winters drove me to Jamaica every year.
Many water falls, places to seek adventures, hidden mineral springs, and hills food.
Ochi was my first stop.

Back in Negril for the winter

Sure was nice to land early January, beating the cold weather. I live in the West End of Negril, at a place called Mi Yard. Getting to meet maybe local and foreign artists that seem to be mainly in the west end, but play at the beach properties.

2008 in Negril

Another nice year in Negril. I arrived in Oct. 2008 in time to catch the November hurricane. Not much damage but everyone on the water had some. The salt from the sea ruined most vegetation.
Here at Mi Yard the sea came over the road and washed into the yard. The road in front had about a foot of wet sand and debris until the folks from the area cleaned up as much as possible using shovel or boards to move it for road safety. Imagine a bicycle or motor cycle trying to drive in a foot of wet sand!

November 2008 Storm

Across the Road the Bar-A-Buv to a few hard hits but suffered no damages.

Water Coming Into Mi Yard

The waves came across the road and salt water cover most of Mi Yard for a few hours. But having been built so close to the water, it drained surprisingly fast. But it did kill many flowering plants. Then we had another storm in February 2009 that damaged more. But many will come back if there is rain after one of these storms.

Waves hitting The Love Boat.

It lasted for 4 days. And then no rain for weeks.

• Intro Updated Feb 12, 2009

Personal Pages (1)

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2014 at 5:31 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• DAO's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2009 at 4:01 AM

Happy Birthday!

• markbank's Profile Photo
    Sep 26, 2008 at 12:41 AM

hi pirate,,,nice page,,greeting from malaysia,,,

• jjoemar's Profile Photo
    Feb 19, 2008 at 8:53 AM

Hello Pirate, I have enjoyed reading your comments and reviews at VT. We will be staying at the Blue Cave castle. Can you recomend a driver for airport transfers and day trips. Hope to see you at Miyard. Joe

• Etoile2B's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Happy Birthday from sunny California!

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul/Turkiye...I wish that you realize all your dreams good luck !!!))))

• GracesTrips's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!