"Road-trip around the Gaspe peninsula" Gaspé by Tonjebj
Gaspé Travel Guide: 150 reviews and 411 photos
It was impossible to find "drop-in" acommodation in and around Gaspe, so after spending the night in Chandler we drove back to visit the tourist trap Perce. The village is mostely known for the pierced cliff, hence its name.
One of the tallest (the tallest?) mountains on the Gaspesie peninsula is Mount Jaques Cartier. It is only open for hiking between 10AM and 4PM to protect the wild life. If you are lucky you might see Caribou, but we didn't. It's a good idea to show up early for the bus as it might get full. It took us ~1.5 hours to reach the top, but if you're in good shape it you'll probably spend a lot less time.
Tonjebj's Related Pages
Gaspé Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The rugged tip of Gaspé Peninsula"
- ""Where the land ends""
- "Maritime Quebec...Pretty Close to the EDGE..."
- "Traverse of Eastern Canada: Gaspé Peninsula"
- "Gaspe Peninsula"
- "The Gaspe Peninsula"
- "Motorcycle trip 2004"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gaspé
- Hotels in Gaspé
- Transportation in Gaspé
- Nightlife in Gaspé
- Restaurants in Gaspé
- Warnings and Dangers in Gaspé
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gaspé
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Gaspé?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gaspé
Top 10 Pages
- Kristiansund Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- New York City Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 3 photos
- Quebec Intro, 3 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 3 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 3 photos