"Kristiansund" Kristiansund by Tonjebj
Kristiansund Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 26 photos
This is the place where I was born and raised, and most of my family is still living there. The few days during the summer when it's not raining this is among the most beautiful towns I know, but unfortunately it's known to rain a lot in the area.
The highest top in Kristiansund is Kvernberget, 205m above sea level. It is a nice hiking destination, and you'll see the whole city from the top.
In the ocean outside of Kristiansund you find the fishing village of Grip. During the summer a passenger boat go there twice a day for tourists and locals to visit the main island. People used to live there till the 70s, but now it's only populated in the summer. Being in the middle of the ocean the weather is unpredictable, but it's an amazing place on a calm day.
- Pros:A small, charming place
- Cons:The weather is unpredictable, usually cold and windy
Grip is a fishing village 14km outside of Kristiansund, which is only populated in the summer, but people used to live... more travel advice
Tonjebj's Related Pages
Kristiansund Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kristiansund, little city on islands"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kristiansund
- Hotels in Kristiansund
- Transportation in Kristiansund
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kristiansund
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Kristiansund?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kristiansund
Photos in KristiansundSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Kristiansund Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- New York City Intro, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Reykjavík Region Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Rome Intro, 3 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 3 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 photos
- Quebec Intro, 3 photos
- Gibraltar Intro, 3 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 3 photos