Chenonceau Nightlife Tips by von.otter Top 5 Page for this destination
Chenonceau Nightlife: 2 reviews and 6 photos
Château de Chenonceau, promenade nocturne, 07/08
“The chateau of Chenonceau is built upon arches across the river Cher, whose waters are made to supply the deep moat at each extremity. There is a spacious courtyard in front, from which a drawbridge conducts to the outer hall of the castle.”
— from “Outre-Mer: A Pilgrimage Beyond the Sea” 1835 by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (1807–1882)
CALM, NOT RAPID If the American author of “The Song of Hiawatha” and “Evangeline” could see those arches that he wrote about in 1835 by the electric light of the 21st century as we saw them, he might agree that their beauty was intensified.
During la promenade nocturne, the rough crowd was gone, carried off in gargantuan buses. Good-bye! All that remained were Archangelo Corelli’s beautiful music floating through the gardens, the fresh, mild night air, and those perfect arches.
Pierre Bideau, who decorated the Eiffel Tower with twinkling lights for the millennium, designed the lighting for Chenonceau.
La promenade nocturne au Château de Chenonceau is one of the most magical evenings I have ever spent. I would encourage any visitor to skip the more razzle-dazzle son et luminère that are on display at other châteaux in the Loire Valley. For peace and beauty this would be my choice time and again. Consult the château’s web site for times, months, and prices for the promenade nocturne.
Dress Code: Casual
Phone: 00 33 (0)2 47 23 90 07
More Reviews (15)
von.otter's Related Pages
Chenonceau Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ladies Castle"
- "Chenonceau: With an ‘X’ and Without One."
- "Chenonceaux - Chateau of the Dames"
- "The most feminine of castles"
- "Moscow - Chenonceau"
- "Chenonceaux Palais sur le Cher"
- "Chenonceau has the most beautiful castle"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chenonceau
- Hotels in Chenonceau
- Transportation in Chenonceau
- Nightlife in Chenonceau
- Restaurants in Chenonceau
- Warnings and Dangers in Chenonceau
- See All...
Explore the World
- Port Kent
- Narangba Hotels
- Ringwood Manor State Park Hotels
- Wichita Hotels
- Eltersdorf Hotels
- Niagara Falls
Badges & Stats in Chenonceau
- 16 Reviews
- 74 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (16)
Have you been to Chenonceau?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chenonceau
Photos in ChenonceauSee All Photos (74)
Top 10 Pages
- Rome Intro, 161 reviews, 722 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 94 reviews, 495 photos, 6 travelogues
- Brussels Intro, 83 reviews, 417 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 80 reviews, 395 photos
- Bologna Intro, 65 reviews, 311 photos
- Paris Intro, 50 reviews, 233 photos
- Gent Intro, 43 reviews, 221 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ferrara Intro, 41 reviews, 214 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ravenna Intro, 43 reviews, 210 photos
- Parma Intro, 40 reviews, 203 photos