Dubai Packing List Tips by Escadora7 Top 5 Page for this destination
Dubai What to Pack: 6 reviews and 3 photos
pic from "scoutbase.org.uk"
Luggage and bags: - no special luggage or bags needed. Just take your regular luggage and leave it at the hotel. Maybe bring a back-pack or some sort of larger bag for one-day or overnight trips. Since Dubai is all about shopping, just carry your wallet.
Clothing/Shoes/Weather Gear: It's hot most of the time; it's really warm the rest of the time, so:
- wear light, breathable clothing (cottons)
- bring a light sweater or jacket to throw on, since all buildings are airconditioned and it might get cool inside
- shorts are OK, but remember: this is an Islamic country, so be decently dressed to respect islamic customs
- for women: though Dubai is relatively liberal, the neighbouring emirates are not. Again, try to respect islamic customs, and dress appropriately
Toiletries and Medical Supplies: Just bring what you would normally use - in case you forgot anything - you can buy whatever you need in Dubai. There are ample of medical and drug stores.
- Make sure to have deodorant in this heat!
Photo Equipment: If you are thinking of buying a new camera - you can probably get it cheaper in Dubai. If you have a digital camera, bring your cables with you - you can download at any of Dubai's many internet cafe's (bring a disk).
- depending on where you come from, you might need an adapter for any electrical equipment (had to bring an adapter for US phone-charger, but bought hairdryer there because it was simply cheaper)
Camping/Beach/Outdoor Gear: - sandals and swim-wear at the beach (try to refrain from thong-bikinis to respect local customs)
- bring a sweater if you spend the night in the desert since temperatures drop quite a bit
Miscellaneous: Dubai weather:
- nice and warm in winter
- hot in spring
- unbearably hot in summer
- hot in fall
Thank God for airconditioning!
Also, Dubai is a shopper's paradise - so even if you forget something - you can buy it there.
More Reviews (79)
- See All The Dragonmall
- See All Chasing after wild camels...
- See All Go on a busride - in the water -...
- See All A taste of the Middle East
- See All Zn chemically speaking is Zinc!
- See All Postcard Millionaire
Escadora7's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBAI - A HOTCHPOTCH OF CULTURES"
- "Dynamic, ever-changing, friendly, exciting..."
- "Dubai...In A Fast Moving Phase"
- "Dubai Jewel of the Gulf"
- "Dubai is ......Dubai!"
- "A hot time in Dubai town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Explore the World
- Kamloops Hotels
- Pasay City Hotels
- Saint Julian's
- Knights Ferry Hotels
- Ulu Bedok Village Hotels
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 80 Reviews
- 240 Photos
- 33 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubai Intro, 80 reviews, 238 photos, 5 travelogues
- Los Angeles Intro, 25 reviews, 120 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 21 reviews, 91 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vatican City Intro, 27 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 10 reviews, 35 photos
- Goa Intro, 12 reviews, 29 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 6 reviews, 33 photos
- Khandala Intro, 7 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- India Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos